When to book for November Trip

Started by hmd1987, August 10, 2017, 10:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmd1987

And....is it possible to make booking over the phone now on current deal, Put down minimal deposit then if/when a better deal comes out ask to be switched to that one?

Lavi

As of my understanding:
- if you pay for halfboard you will have buffet breakfast in the hotel
- if you benefit from free halfboard offer we will get a voucher that you can use at certain counter services in the park and you will get some limited optional items

Eating something in the room is possible but I don't know about the amount of luggage you can take on the plane.
There must be some places to have breakfast in the Disney Village, we hope to hit them before entering the parks. I'm thinking of Starbucks, Earl of Sandwich and maybe others.

Don' t forget to take strollers for your kids and it's a good idea to pack a raincover for it, too.

dlpowl

Free half board from the Santa Fe is a quick service breakfast in the park.  You only get the buffet breakfast if you are paying for your meal plan, not getting it free as part of an offer.

dlpowl

Quote from: Lavi on August 10, 2017, 10:55:54 PM
2 nights free out of 4 is in fact 50% off. This offer ends on Octomber 2nd. I would rather choose this offer (in fact I have already chosen it for my trip at the end of November) in order to keep the food money in my pocket until then and spend them exactly where we will feel like eating at the very moment, including places in the village where you cannot use the vouchers.

Although I see your thinking, this isn't actually true unfortunately because the cost of a 2 night stay is not half the price of the cost of a 4 night stay.  The more nights you stay, the cheaper the nightly rate becomes.  E.g., a 2 night price for Santa Fe is £217 per adult (super value rate) but a 4 night stay is £349.  So your saving would be the difference which is £132, the holiday would cost £217, so the 2 free days/nights offer for that particular stay would be about 37% off.   So if you could get 25% off and a free half board meal plan, that would cost £262 which means that a meal plan for 4 days is costing £45 per adult for 5 days of meals which is a bargain.

All the prices are available on the Disneyland Paris website (Google Disneyland Paris price grids) and although they can seem a little daunting, once you've studied them and got your head around it, you can calculate how much your holiday will cost yourself with all the different offers, even before they come on.  It's not as straight forward as it could be what with all the different hotels and offers and seasons but it can be done.  Everybody has different needs and preferences and it really is about working out what's best for you and your family and how you can get what you want at the best price. 

petals

Quote from: hmd1987 on August 10, 2017, 07:04:19 PM
Flights are at approx 5pm on the Sunday and Thursday, so we get 3 full days and half of Thursday, think that's more than enough time.
Tempted to book the flights before the prices go up, and will wait to see what the new offer brings.

That is what I did. I booked flights earlier in the year and i'm waiting for the offer I want for the hotel :)

hmd1987

i've booked the flights!!

now, final question.....Can I book the current deal (without meal plan), and if the new one is better, switch to that one? Or can I only do that by calling up and putting down a deposit

Nicola

In my experience 20% or 30% is no where as cheap as the 2 days free you will be offered now. Check out the Euro start sometimes its cheaper than flying and the food you can add upto 2/3 days before arrival. If you call them rather than doing it online they will help. I would imagine approx. £400 is the best price you will get for the room and park tickets. If you call you can put a deposit of only 15% down and pay it off which helps. Give them a call.
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

seraphelle

We stay offsite now as we have annual passes - so I can't really offer much advice in the way of Disney special offers. However, what I will say is if you want to stock up on food for the room, go to the bus area and jump on the number 50 bus (bus company called 'Peps' and its the bus to Val d'Europe). The bus is a free shuttle to the hotels that side (but in all the times I've been nobody has ever checked if I'm staying in one of the hotels there). Val d'Europe is a HUGE shopping centre and has a supermarket called 'Auchan'. Here you can buy plastic containers full of pain au chocolate and bags full of bread rolls and croissants for next to nothing. I'm not kidding, its so cheap! You could buy a tonne of stuff for your room and feed yourselves very comfortably. Just an idea if you don't fancy hanging on and chancing the price on the next offer is?
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

polar vixen

It all depends how long youre stopping. I worked out the price comparison gor us with 2 different deals, same amount of timd and the price was the same, as in 2500 for 7nights (2 nights free, NO food ) or 2500 for 7 nights  under 30 percent off AND MEAL PLAN INCLUDED!!