Should I pre-book restaurants?

Started by Tinkerhel1970, May 17, 2017, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerhel1970

Its now 33 days until our trip and we still haven't made a decision on whether or not to pre-book restaurants for our evening meals.  The problem is we don't plan too much on our trips and have never pre-booked before but I'm worried it will be busy because of the 25th anniversary. We're there for 4 nights and will be dining from Monday 19 June to Thursday 22 June.  Our choice is likely to be Davy Crocketts Tavern for 2 of the nights, Annettes for one (I know that can't be pre-booked) and Rainforest CafĂ© or Restaurant Des Stars for one.  Do you think it will difficult to get booked in for each of these on the day?
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

dlpowl

You should be okay for Crocketts Tavern, we've never seen it really busy during term time.  And I'd say the same for your other choices too really.  I doubt Rest Des Stars will be that busy that there's a huge queue or anything.  Rainforest Cafe I'm not so sure, there does always seem to be a queue but if you're happy to wait a bit or go somewhere else if it's busy then I'd take a gamble. 

Tinkerhel1970

Thank you dlpowl, I think we'll take our chances  :)
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

SazrahJay

Hi. I'm going in a couple of weeks and I haven't booked any restaurants. I'm taking the chance that because we're going Monday-Friday and during term time it won't be ridiculously busy

dlpowl

Quote from: SazrahJay on May 22, 2017, 12:59:16 PM
Hi. I'm going in a couple of weeks and I haven't booked any restaurants. I'm taking the chance that because we're going Monday-Friday and during term time it won't be ridiculously busy

We always go during term time, mon-fri and the restaurants that we've seen get busy are Plaza Gardens buffet, Billy Bobs buffet and Annette's (these were not on the OP's list).  If you go outside of peak times you will probably get seated straight away but if you go after parade you will have to queue if you don't have a reservation.

NHDisneylover

We wanted to change one reservation this past week---the ONLY options not fully booked that we could use vouchers for were the two steakhouses.  Even Restrurant des Stars was filled (we had it reserved for later in the week so no biggie).  I think teh dining deals they have been running combined with the anniversary mean there is less wiggle room with dining.  We were really surprised beucase in the past it has been so easy to make day ahead or same day reservations.  Not so this time around.

dlpowl

It depends hugely on what time you want to eat and they only book so many tables.  They always leave a large amount free for walk ins.