Compared to WDW

Started by ijonathanh, June 07, 2017, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ijonathanh

Hi everyone,

I have been to Disney World many, many times, and will be going to Paris for the first time later this month! Yay! Naturally, I'll be going to DLP.

Unfortunately, I can only go for one day, either Friday, June 30 and Saturday, July 1. I would like to go Saturday, because Hyperspace will be back open (space mountain is my favorite ride in Florida), but I know the crowds will likely be higher then because its the weekend.. So, I have two questions.
1. How much worse will the crowds likely be Friday vs Saturday? Will Saturday be significantly more crowded? School is out anyway, so I'm not sure how dramatic an increase in crowds would be.
2. Additionally, is it possible to enjoy the whole park (only disneyland, not disney studios) in one day? Normally I do a park a day in WDW, and I'm not sure how DLP compares.

Thank you so much!!

claire2281

It will definitely be noticeably busier on the Saturday than the Friday. Even during school holidays it's better to go mid-week as there are fewer locals there.

You can do DLP in one day if you only want to do the major things and use the fastpass system. Depends which time you have to leave by though and how early you arrive. Obviously the longer the better. I would definitely suggest you don't miss the parade if possible.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Greg

You can do Disneyland Park in a day, especially if you have been to WDW many times.  Just be sure to get there early.

Several of the rides are very much the same, especially in Fantasyland and Discoveryland (Tomorrowland), and can be skipped if you don't have time.  Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Space Mountain are all different than their Florida counterparts, so don't skip them.  Definitely take the time to see the best Disney castle and the dragon that lives below it. 

Note that DLP uses the old FastPass system and there are very few rides that use FastPass in comparison to WDW. 
Even though you are going in summer, the lines will generally be much shorter than those in Magic Kingdom, especially if you go on a weekday. 
June 2009
May 2012
April 2013
June 2014- Disneyland Hotel
April 2015
April 2016 - Newport Bay Club
September 2016 - Disneyland Hotel
January 2017 - Newport Bay Club
October 2017 - Newport Bay Club
April 2018 - Newport Bay Club
October 2018 - Newport Bay Club

msRavenswood

I agree with what has been said above. Unfortunately, POTC opens on 24th July after a quite long refurbishment, so you will miss it! If you manage, go to the studios and ride Ratatouille, it's quite fun and the Paris mini land is really beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful time, I would love to hear about your trip when you're back home!  :D