The Enchanted Tiki Room

Started by Rocketeer, April 25, 2017, 05:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

I'm sure there's plenty of reasons why they didn't build one in Paris, but I do think its a shame that they didn't.

After all, it could easily be a mulitlingual show...

José (Spanish), Pierre (French), Fritz (German) and Michael (English). Admittedly, the original show does play on stereotypes in the names and accents, but that could be altered if they were adding the attraction to Paris.

And a good portion of the attraction is instrumental, which is universal to all.

Am I alone in being a Tiki Room fan?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

tigger1974

Hello

Having never visited the American parks, my only encounter with the Tiki Room is via youtube but I think it looks fantastic and would love to welcome it to DLP. I have heard nothing but positive things about the attraction... could it take the place of Cinemagique I wonder???
Also the theme song for the Tiki Room is one of Disney's little gems!
Bring us the Tiki Room!!!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

msRavenswood

Yeah, for the Enchanted Tiki Room! I just the love the song!

Rocketeer

Tigger1974 - building size, yes the Tiki Room could take CineMagique's place. However, it would be rather out of place in WDS. Nice idea though - an AA based show wouldn't be a bad thing for the park. Maybe they could dust off and update the Mickey Mouse Revue.

Here's a snippet of it - not great PQ due to its age.
https://youtu.be/LI4lEF6US94

As for the Tiki Room - is there anywhere suitable in Adventureland for it?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mickey1980

Would be a perfect fit in Adventure land.
In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room.

Or better yet. Build it as a themed bar in the Village  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

sunshine1

Tiki Room is great. firm favourite because of how nice it is to sit down in the air con and chill.

I sing Tiki Room to my cat all the time - she loves it :-)

Rocketeer

Is there any spare space around Col. Hathi's? It seems like that area would suit a splash of Tiki.

samuelvictor

I love the Tiki room! Never seen that Mickey Mouse Revue before but that looks really awesome too! Would love either or both. I'm all about the AAs, can never have too many of em :)

NeverNotFun

I have great memories of the Tiki Room. Yes please!

Rocketeer

Glad to see so much love for the Tiki Birds.

Would I be right in thinking that languages wouldn't be that big of a deal for the show?

samuelvictor

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 09, 2017, 04:48:01 PM
Glad to see so much love for the Tiki Birds.

Would I be right in thinking that languages wouldn't be that big of a deal for the show?

Not really, they could mix up the languages and it'd be quite charming, as long as they kept the "tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room" bit of the chorus :)

Rocketeer

^They'd have to. Although «Dans la salle tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki» just about works.

Andybear

Quote from: mickey1980 on April 26, 2017, 03:15:57 PM
Would be a perfect fit in Adventure land.
In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room.

Or better yet. Build it as a themed bar in the Village  ;D

Brilliant idea  ;D ;D