Note for people wanting to do character breakfast and have free half board

Started by sunshine1, May 01, 2017, 04:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Quote from: claire2281 on June 08, 2017, 08:32:12 AM

The character breakfast isn't included in any meal plan and is always an add on. I'm not sure what the add on price is as it may depend on the hotel you're staying in (the standard breakfast costs different amounts depending on the level of your hotel).

If you have a free dining plan you can (as far as I'm aware) use a breakfast voucher in part payment of a character meal but - having trawled back through the terms and conditions - you can't purchase the upgrade until you're on site and then it depends upon availability. It seems they're prioritising those who pay full price for the character meal and those who get a free meal plan and therefore will pay less will have to hope there are still spaces left when they arrive.

I reckon you're right in both these instances but when you add it when booking or before arriving and you have the free dining you are charged full price if on half board but if you up-grade to full board, you are charged the difference between the cost of the character breakfast and the value of your lunch voucher and on the website it says the following quote "Character Dining Experiences are subject to availability, and qualify as 1 waiter service meal (e.g. Lunch) with a Premium Meal Plan." unquote

So like you say, take a chance and use your breakfast vouchers to get 9€ off pp or book in advance and pay full wack or have to use a lunch voucher towards it (but of course you'll still have the breakfast vouchers you haven't used). They certainly know how to complicate things! ::)
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

Caz

Quote from: sunshine1 on June 08, 2017, 12:29:40 PM
My head hurts reading all of that.
Ha ha so's mine!  :) I think the breakfast thing is causing so much confusion, you've only got to look at how many  threads there are and how often they've been read. It wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't so blooming expensive!  ::)
I've decided I'm going to let it go and que sera sera and hope that everyone gets to enjoy a fun character breakfast and manages to save something on the cost of it!  :D
Although if I do get anything from the horses mouth I'll be sure to post.
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009

polar vixen

I really don't tho k that can be correct- I've added a character breakfast paying 8 pounds each for it. I upgraded to full board plus. When I added this on the phone the rep said nothing about using one of my lunch vouchers.. The full board plus lunch voucher is worth more than the character breakfast anyway so why would I still be pay g another 8 pounds? We go in 3 days. Tues well find out when we get there.

Caz

Hi Polar Vixen, I'm only going by what it says on their website as quoted above but I do hope you're right and I'm wrong  ;) :D
Have a fantastic time, hope the weather is kind and do come back and let us know how you got on with those pesky vouchers.
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009

polar vixen

I hope so too! We'll have Wi-Fi so I'll let you know when we get our vouchers at check in. We've got all our meals planned and booked now so it'll really Jess tho vs up if it's not the case!

polar vixen

Were here and have our vouchers! You the breakfast option looks appalling especially as I have 4 gluten free kids and the option for them is a single tiny cake. Not terribly impressed on the one. However regarding paying the supplement for character breakfast. We paid an additional 8 pounds each ( this was after we'd paid to upgrade our free half board to full board on a plus ) plan. The instruction on the character breakfast voucher you get says to present the breakfast supplement  along with the standard breakfast coupon . So there ya go. No other lunch or tea vouchers involves.

Caz

Quote from: polar vixen on June 11, 2017, 10:53:28 PM
Were here and have our vouchers! You the breakfast option looks appalling especially as I have 4 gluten free kids and the option for them is a single tiny cake. Not terribly impressed on the one. However regarding paying the supplement for character breakfast. We paid an additional 8 pounds each ( this was after we'd paid to upgrade our free half board to full board on a plus ) plan. The instruction on the character breakfast voucher you get says to present the breakfast supplement  along with the standard breakfast coupon . So there ya go. No other lunch or tea vouchers involves.
Oh that's good and not a bad deal on the £27 full price - seems the problem lies with the different websites charging differently  ::)
Have fun!
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009

petals

The breakfast vouchers seem crappy for what you get with them but which voucher do you use towards the character  a breakfast, a breakfast voucher or lunch/dinner voucher?

polar vixen

It's your breakfast one. And the breakfast actually wasn't too bad. We got more than I'd be told with the gluten free- bread cakes Nd biscuits. And they were happy to tailor the order-  leVe out the cheese or sauce etx.

MrsMouse44

Hi all,

We have booked a break for September with Walt Disney Travel Company staying at Davy Crockett with our 3 children (3,8&12). We have a free standard dining plan with our booking and I rang through to add on the plaza gardens character breakfast and it was £15 per person supplement using the breakfast voucher toward it