I'm back... So, what's changed?

Started by Mrsya, March 31, 2017, 12:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Hi all. I was quite a regular (*addict) on here when planning our last 4 trips in 2014/15 but we decided our Halloween 2015 trip would be our last for a while whilst all the refurbs have been taking place - star tours and BTM are family favourites so couldn't face a trip without them.

We're booking for August in the morning and have noticed that there's no pause gaumand with the half board any more...

Any other changes I need to know about...?

Missed this site - and the excitement of the countdown!!   :D

dlpowl

Ooh, quite a bit, let's see what I can remember!  Haha!

Cafe Mickey has closed down and is changing but to what we don't exactly know yet I don't think.  Character breakfast is now at Plaza Gardens. 

If you get a Half Board meal plan free as part of an offer then you don't get a hotel breakfast anymore, you get a counter service breakfast in the park instead.  Breakfast is no longer automatically included in your stay anyway, unless you get a free meal plan offer.  If you don't buy a meal plan or get a free one but you want a hotel breakfast then you have to pay extra.

Cinemagique has closed and is being refurbished.  Animagique has been replaced by a new show, Mickey & The Magician.

Annual passes have changed. 

Pause Gourmande has gone as you mentioned.

The Village now has a Five Guys and a Vapianos restaurant.  Hotel Cheyenne has a Starbucks.

Inventions meals have changed but I'm not sure exactly how...someone else may know more.

Dreams has been replaced by a new evening show called Illuminations.  Mixed reviews so far.

New parade with some impressive new floats.

New Star Tours ride with Darth Vader meet and greet area.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment!

Mrsya

Ah, thanks very much for your speedy reply! We used to get the breakfast boxes with the free half board meal plan at Davy Crockett... anyone any idea if we still get the breakfast voucher or not if staying there?

No Disney Dreams...?!?!  :(

polar vixen

Dreams had been replaced with illuminations. ...similar sort of thing broadcast on to the castle with fireworks.. unless you buy a meal plan you don't get breakfast at Davy crockett but a voucher for use in the parks.... if you get the free meal plan. You can of course just buy breakfast...or the beauty of Davy crockett buy croissants and baguette and fillings in the shop....pretty sure that's still cheaper than paying for breakfast. ...
New paradise Eton enjoy and lots of star wars stuff going on in the studios. Mickey and the magician is an amazing show. You'll love it. Did you get to ride ratatouille before? As you know every holiday with kids even if they've only grown a bit is a completely different experience so enjoy all the stuff you didn't or couldn't do before!

Tinkerhel1970

Quote from: Mrsya on March 31, 2017, 01:18:33 AM
Ah, thanks very much for your speedy reply! We used to get the breakfast boxes with the free half board meal plan at Davy Crockett... anyone any idea if we still get the breakfast voucher or not if staying there?

No Disney Dreams...?!?!  :(

I booked last week for a stay at Davy Crocketts in June and was told we would get breakfast vouchers for Café Hyperion in the park.  I rang back on Monday and asked if I could pay extra to have the breakfast boxes at the ranch instead and was told because we're staying at Davy Crocketts we'll get them anyway.  Fingers crossed!
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

dlpowl

Davy Crockett guests still get a breakfast box from the ranch regardless of whether or not their meal plan was free or paid for.  When they very first announced the new breakfast voucher scheme, Davy Crockett was included but then they realised it was unfair because of the distance it is away from the parks so they changed it back.  So yes, if you get the free Half Board meal plan at DCR then you still get your breakfast box.

Disneyland Hotel guests also always get a hotel breakfast regardless of whether or not their meal plan was paid for.

juttawdw

When I called yesterday, they told me that with the free meal plan you still have to eat in the parc even guest from disneyland hotel.
Where did you get the info that guest from disneyland hotel can eat at inventions?

dlpowl

I'm not sure that the breakfast will be in Inventions necessarily, but I've heard it from 2 very reliable and knowledgable Disney sources that Disneyland Hotel guests will definitely get a hotel breakfast even if their meal plan came free as part of an offer.

I also thought the counter service breakfast applied to DLH guests but from what I've been told over the last couple of days apparently not. 

Just to be clear for anybody reading this, I don't mean guests staying at a 'Disney hotel' - I specifically mean the guests staying at the main Disneyland Hotel - the big posh one at the gates to the park.  Not Cheyenne, Santa Fe, Newport Bay etc, which are all Disney hotels, just the main 5* 'Disneyland Hotel'. 

Sometimes there can be confusion with this, especially if there's a language barrier between the two people on the telephone. And some people call it 'the Disney Hotel' which causes even more confusion because all the on site hotels are 'Disney Hotels!'  Hahaa!

Tinkerhel1970

Quote from: dlpowl on March 31, 2017, 10:53:59 AM
Davy Crockett guests still get a breakfast box from the ranch regardless of whether or not their meal plan was free or paid for.  When they very first announced the new breakfast voucher scheme, Davy Crockett was included but then they realised it was unfair because of the distance it is away from the parks so they changed it back.  So yes, if you get the free Half Board meal plan at DCR then you still get your breakfast box.

Disneyland Hotel guests also always get a hotel breakfast regardless of whether or not their meal plan was paid for.

Thank you for the clarification, I was still a little bit dubious because the lady was adamant when I booked that the breakfast would be at Café Hyperion.  I'm so much happier to get the breakfast boxes at DCR.
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

dlpowl

Quote from: Tinkerhel1970 on March 31, 2017, 02:05:17 PM
Quote from: dlpowl on March 31, 2017, 10:53:59 AM

Thank you for the clarification, I was still a little bit dubious because the lady was adamant when I booked that the breakfast would be at Café Hyperion.  I'm so much happier to get the breakfast boxes at DCR.

We always stay at the ranch now that our 3rd child is over 4 years old and we were also happy to find out that we would still get the breakfast boxes - UNTIL we saw the egg and bacon breakfast burger thing that you can get with your breakfast voucher in the park!  My hubby was gutted!  Haha!  We will be booking our next trip towards the end of the year and I'm going to ask if we can have counter service vouchers instead.  I'll take cereal with us for the kids to eat when we get up about 7am (cos they won't be able to wait until we get to the parks!) then we will have the park breakfast about 9-9.30am.  That's if they let us have vouchers which they probably won't.  :(

DaisyDuck

Does anyone know specifically what each breakfast venue will be offering ?

Karmaviolet

Quote from: juttawdw on March 31, 2017, 11:07:11 AM
When I called yesterday, they told me that with the free meal plan you still have to eat in the parc even guest from disneyland hotel.
Where did you get the info that guest from disneyland hotel can eat at inventions?

I believe there is no cost to upgrade the quick service breakfast to hotel breakfast in DLH - but it is subject to availability so not guaranteed.
Heard this from several sources...