Disneyland Paris and early pregnancy.

Started by gingajen, March 25, 2017, 01:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingajen

We're all booked and super excited for our trip in April. We check into the Cheyenne on our Daughters 12th birthday and are there for the actual anniversary day!
My plans may need to be very slightly altered now though as I'll be (fingers crossed) 10 weeks pregnant when we go. I'm hoping that the soul destroying nausea packs it's bags before we go and I have a bit more energy than I have right now. But what I'm really concerned with is the fact that I, potentially, can't ride btm. I love this ride, it's my all time favourite and we specifically didn't do our annual trip last year as it was closed.
Im obviously aware that there are signs not to ride btm while pregnant, but there are also signs not to ride POC either and I certainly would if that was open during our visit.
Have the restraints on btm changed since the refurb, or does it still use the lap bars? Obviously I won't have a bump yet (other than my usual spare tyre), so that type of restraint shouldn't be a problem. If they've got those individual restraints, that could be an issue.
Has anyone else rode btm at this stage of pregnancy? Am I better off watching from afar and using it as excuse to go back next year?

claire2281

Yes they are still lap bars. Of course that doesn't mean they press on your lap - I'm not very big and I usually slide around inside the carriages, particularly if I go with someone taller and their legs are holding the bar higher!

The signs are realistically there to safe guard Disney from any potential legal issues. Similar to how medications have a 'don't take during pregnancy' - most haven't actually been tested on pregnant women and some would be perfectly safe but it would be completely unethical to test on pregnant women so there's a blanket 'don't take them'.

Tbh the likelihood is that BTM isn't extreme enough to cause any issues to you but it is entirely down to you whether you feel comfortable riding it.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

gingajen

I honestly can't see there being a problem riding it, but I probably won't anyway. If anything did happen I'd always wonder if it was my fault for riding it.
All being well we'll have a new little person to share it with next year and I'll spend a whole day on btm 😀

polar vixen

Had the same situation myself. I'd actually gone very early pregnancy before I'd realized I was pregnant and miscarried a couple of weeks later and I'd been the one doing all the roller coasters with the kids and although it's unlikely  they're what caused it it will always be in the back of my mind. Bear in mind also that something like poc  has a couple of small drops. Although the lap bar on btm doesn't press on your tummy there will still be a bit or Jenkins.  I think your making the right call.  Have a great holiday there's still loads to enjoy and like you said...a fab excuse to go back next year!