Halloween - a few questions

Started by dlpowl, February 09, 2017, 05:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpowl

Hi guys,

We've been to DLP lots but never at Halloween which we are on the verge of booking.  I just have a few questions you might be able to help me with.

Park opening hours during Halloween?  Is it usually 7pm closing time on weekdays? 

I know they have all the villain characters at Halloween and in the parade but are there plenty of villain character meets?  Or is it just randomly or occasionally?  We are massive character fans so meeting the villains and other unusual characters is one of the main reasons for us going so I need to know that there will be plenty of opportunities to meet them.  I absolutely hate the random character appearances they do at DLP because I think it's very unfair.  We were there for 7 days last time and the 1 character we wanted to meet was Rapunzel.  She came out twice but both were random and we were nowhere nearby.  By the time I found out from twitter that she was out, and we had raced over, she had gone.  Cue my daughter bursting into tears!!   It's so so unfair and I don't want the same thing to happen with the villains at Halloween, so I'm hoping there's lots of arranged character meet spots with less common characters.

Any Halloween info or advice appreciated!

Rhubarbed

Hello! We went for Halloween half term last year. The first thing I would say is that it's really busy as it's a holiday across northern Europe. During that week the park is open until 10pm so slightly later than you're expecting.

We saw lots of villain characters walking around which I really liked, but they also had them in set places and these were advertised. You can also catch them after the villains show but it's a bit of a scrum.

The Autumn parade was marvellous and we spent the week singing the song so definitely try and catch it. The decorations are, as always, fantastic!

So yes, be prepared for crowds and having to queue to meet the characters but other than that it's an awesome time of year to go!

dlpowl

Brilliant, thank you!  We will be going earlier than half term to avoid the crowds so hopefully it won't be as busy.  I'm just wondering if the 10pm closing was just for the half term week or whether that would apply to the whole of the Halloween season?

SaeniaKite

Don't suppose anyone knows when the soiree tickets are released? My mother and I are going to be there on the 31st and we have travel/hotel/tickets booked already, I just don't want to miss out on the party since that's pretty much why we're are going! Thanks  :)

DaisyDuck

I also want to book these . I also hope the molly brown has the princess and the frog characters doin the show like they done a couple of years ago .

upinthesky

I did Halloween last year and it was awesome. It's my favourite time of year in the park actually, apart from the weather but I went last minute and had two beautiful days so I was lucky.
9-13 April 2013
1-5 August 2013
16-18 March 2014
10-12 July 2014
7-10 August 2014
5-8 February 2015
14-17 September 2015
23-24 May 2016
8-9 October 2016
5-6 January 2017
2-3 March 2017
29-31 March 2017
26-28 May 2017
22-25 September 2017
8-11 March 2018
21-24 September 2018
19-23 September 2019
19-21 October 2019

DaisyDuck

Anyone got any idea of ticket prices yet and when they will go on sale ?