Premium meal plan-where would you eat?

Started by tubbsy, January 29, 2017, 07:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Going August - 5 nights.
We're going to favourites
Inventions
Walts
Thinking Chez Remy (not won over by online menu though...)
Want to eat in Blue Lagoon (but when I booked the CM mentioned POTC could be down for the year and not opening July!! :o
And?... Annettes?
Steakhouse?...
Agrabah?
3 adults and 1 14 year old
The 14 year old suggested we do Inventions twice...

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Andybear

I've got the half board premium meal plan for my trip in September and the plan is to use it for:-

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show
Inventions
Auberge de Cendrillon
California Grill 

I'll have one day I'll have to pay out of pocket since the vouchers are for each night of your stay, not each day so looking at Bistrot Chez Rémy.

DisneyRon

Have a look at their menu and maybe do the California Grill as well? :)
It is a great restaurant, and certainly the best value for a voucher you can get, with it being by far the most expensive restaurant on property.

tubbsy

Thanks guys-
I have just realised there is a good chance the menus will change over the next few weeks. So will keep an eye on them.
We have a few months to decide and hope that Blue Lagoon opens.
DH wont do Buffalo Bills-Was ill after eating there many years ago and its put him off!  ::)  ::) (Even though he hadnt been feeling well BEFORE eating! Lol!

Sooooo tempted by California Grill. Then mbe go to Cafe Fantasia for a cocktail/mocktail afterwards ;)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DisneyRon

Quote from: tubbsy on January 29, 2017, 01:18:52 PM
Thanks guys-
I have just realised there is a good chance the menus will change over the next few weeks. So will keep an eye on them.
We have a few months to decide and hope that Blue Lagoon opens.
DH wont do Buffalo Bills-Was ill after eating there many years ago and its put him off!  ::)  ::) (Even though he hadnt been feeling well BEFORE eating! Lol!

Sooooo tempted by California Grill. Then mbe go to Cafe Fantasia for a cocktail/mocktail afterwards ;)

The best part of California Grill and Inventions is that you can order cocktails and mocktails of Bar Fantasia's menu if you like. ;)

Nicola

I love this page so much. It's like self help for Disney fanatics. I am a huge foodie and the 1st time we went to DLP with kids the food was my only complaint so it took a few repeat trips to get it right. Last year we went premium full board and we do that again in a couple of weeks.

You need to do Buffalo Bills Wild West Show. The food is OK its not the best but you're paying for the show. Make sure you arrive early. Like at 5pm for the 6.15pm show so you get all the pre show stuff which is awesome too.

Auberge to C... is OK food, it is some of the better food its well cooked and tasty but its simple, but you are paying for the princesses

Chez Reme is by far my favourite restaurant. I find the mixed reviews odd we went last year for dinner but at lunch time. The kids loved their options hubby and I both had the beef and it was a brilliant piece of meat served of course with ratatouille it was delicious. The theming is excellent and all 5 of us loved it - however my children are 5,8,10 so we do like characters and there are no characters there.

Inventions is great its essentially posh buffet with the characters. I went to Florida at 14 and I still loved the characters as much as I would have at age 5. I agree with your 14 year old you could easily go twice.

Waltz is good but I found it dull (if you are full board maybe a lunch time?)

California Grill - Great views and the best food in the park and that is really the sole aim of the restaurant to be the best in park.

Blue Lagoon - My daughter is afraid of the dark so sadly wont let us eat there - yet

We will do Inventions 3 times by the time we leave, however we have young children.

Have fun, I would suggest booking the more popular of the places you want to eat and if you change your mind you can change reservations in your hotel or in City Hall in the main park.

Enjoy  ;D

Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

tubbsy

Exactly Nicola-We've been 7 times and its taken us time to work out what works for us.

Nope-Wont be doing Buffalo Bills-DH WILL NOT touch it-He was seriously ill and its put him off.
Did Auberge -Food was good, but kids are older now. So not a priority.

Inventions we do every time. Fantastic experience (apart from one time, but that was due to a family from Hell who pulled Plutos ears through his collar!!! And left such a mess on their table and surrounding area, the manager came out and apologised to every table!)
Used to do Café Mickey, but thinking of passing on this one this time.
My two are older so they loved Blue Lagoon-Gutted that it might be closed.
Walts -We have always had an amazing experience-We tend to book just before the parade and have had window seats ;)

So we are looking for something new-
Chez Remy is a maybe.
Thinking California Grill after you folks reminded me to look at the menu-(Love DLP Guide-easier to access than the DLP Paris official website) Read it out to the other three and they loved the sound of it.
Love the look of the menu.

Anyone eaten at Agrabah?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Nicola

He he it's an addiction..

We had lunch in Agrabah last year. It's buffet and very Turkish, I have eaten all over the world so was really excited. The kids did better than me and I will eat anything. It was not to my taste. The selection was excellent but it wasn't for me.
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

tubbsy

AH! OK, thanks for that.

Oh decisions! Decisions and only 194 days to make them!!  ;D ;D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Elodie

I'm in the same boat, choosing where to eat. We're obviously very easy to please, because we loved the standard buffet restaurants we ate in last time, but are staying in DLH at Christmas, so will have the premium meal plan.

We did go to Blue Lagoon on our last day, and it was the only place we didn't like. It looked so good when we arrived, but they were run off their feet, and felt like they were trying to hurry everyone out to get the next lot in. The waiter practically threw our plates onto the table before dashing off to another table, brought the mains before we'd finished our starters, and was constantly running from one table to another. I don't want to say he was rude; I think he was just rushed off his feet and trying to get to everyone at once.

Anyway, we're definitely doing:
ADC (my girls are 9 and 5, so this will be kept a surprise for them)
Inventions
Chez Remy
and...
?

We're torn between:
California Grill (food sounds good for all 4 of us, but I don't know if it's a bit grown up for the girls. I'll have to check when the menu has been updated anyway.)
Buffalo Bill's - obviously for the entertainment rather than the food!
Inventions again? But we'll already be having breakfast there, as well as one main meal.
One of the standard buffets we enjoyed last time, but we'll probably just do that on the day we don't have vouchers for.

We're also going to do the Plaza Gardens breakfast - loved it in there last time (lunch) and we loved the Cafe Mickey breakfast, so hopefully this will be the best of both worlds!

tubbsy

This has got to be the first time I havent booked a character breakfast and it feels REALLY strange!
I know my 2 are older, but I will still miss it

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia