DLP Meal Plan newbie

Started by gavin_008, January 20, 2017, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin_008

Hi guys!

Ok newbie here, so hey 🙋🏽‍♂️

Slightly confused over this Disney Dining Plan.
So planning on taking the family to Santa Fe in November, planning on booking Half Board Plus - as we want some variety.

I believe we can only have breakfast at the hotel we are staying in!? Ok I get that. What about the evening meal, we can go in any other Disney Hotel for there buffet is that correct? I imagine the buffet at Newport/NewYork should be better than Santa Fe?

Thanks,
Gavin

Zee79

Yes your breakfast is in the Santa Fe, evening meals can be anywhere that accept the vouchers, you only pay the difference if it's more expensive so like the Disneyland hotel for example. As for whether the buffets are better in the high priced hotel all depends on your taste. You would expect it to be but not necessarily. I found the Cheyenne & Santa Fe just as nice as the sequoia lodge.

Elodie

Yes, you can eat in the hotel restaurants that match your vouchers. We stayed at Cheyenne with Standard meal vouchers last summer, and went over to Santa Fe for an evening meal one night. It was the only hotel we ate dinner in, but we all loved it, especially my children.

I'd have a look for reviews of the restaurants you'd consider eating in to decide if it's worth getting Plus vouchers (ie park restaurants as well as hotel ones). We ate in Plaza Gardens, Restaurant des Stars, Santa Fe and the Middle Eastern Aladdin one (forgotten the name!) and Blue Lagoon. The only one we didn't particularly enjoy was Blue Lagoon, which was the only Plus level restaurant that we paid extra for - the others were all Standard and we were really impressed with the quality and variety of food.

Elodie

Agrabah, that's the one I forgot!

DisneyRon

Quote from: Elodie on January 22, 2017, 12:22:20 AM

That's not always open though, I think it mainly opens during peak season, and closed at almost any other time.

Andybear

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 22, 2017, 02:04:54 AM
Quote from: Elodie on January 22, 2017, 12:22:20 AM

That's not always open though, I think it mainly opens during peak season, and closed at almost any other time.

Very true.  I went in late September in 2014 and it was shut the whole time I was there.

gavin_008

Thanks everyone!

Gave me info & maybe I'll have a look at the standard meal plan too, if we're not going a lot of places.  :D