Visiting with a 2 (very nearly 3) year old, bad idea? What do I need to know?

Started by waddle_thepenguin, January 17, 2017, 01:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waddle_thepenguin

Hi all

It feels so long since I last posted here but everyone was so friendly before I knew I had to come right back for help.

My hubby and I went for a few days back when it was the 20th anniversary and because it's now the 25th he mentioned about maybe going again in October. The only difference this time is that we now have a little girl. By the time October rolls around she'll be 2yrs and 10mths old, now I know in the scheme of things she'd not remember a lot of her trip but is it still doable to go when she's so little?

Does anyone have experience of doing DLP with a toddler? Any tips on what we should do; what we should avoid?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Helen
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day."

Aug 2012 - Explorer's Hotel
Oct 2017 - New York Hotel

polar vixen

Do it. I've been with 3 of mine every year since birth to the age of 5 and it's been a different Amazing experience every time. Characters take loads of interest in them and they've loved the tea  ups and it's a small world etc. She may be a little shy at first but will soon get used to things. Have a great trip!

Sugaroo_

Hi there waddle_thepenguin. We just got back from our trip with our 15 month old daughter, so a lot younger than yours. I say do it!!! Our little one went on every ride in Fantasyland, plus Phantom Manor, Buzz Lightyear and Slinky Dog & Flying Carpets in the Studios. Also shows like Stitch Live, Disney Junior Live and Frozen Sing Along are great for that age. Surprisingly what she enjoyed most was meeting the characters, I thought she would be afraid! She broke out into fits of laughter when she saw Mickey, Pluto & especially Goofy. Priceless!

The only let down for us was the weather, lots of sleet, rain, snow, wind and cold so I had to keep her bundled up in her buggy with a foot muff and rain cover and that got on her nerves at times because she wanted to walk around but it was too wet to let her. But I think October should be fine! Totally go for it.   
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

disneymagic006

I would definitely go. I don't think it matters too much if they remember it or not, you will certainly remember the smiles and laughter and fun and you can take lots of photos and videos and show them when they are older.

I've been to Disneyland Paris lots of times over the years, last time (2015) was the first time with my son (he was 17months) and it was the best time yet. It was little things like seeing him jump up and down shouting "look look" on its a small world, him giggling uncontrollably because casey junior went quick and it tickled his tummy, seeing him dance in playhouse Disney, being brave and saying hello to the dragon, kissing all the characters on the nose, him toddling round and exploring everywhere and everything. These are some of the amazing memories that I will always have of his 1st trip.

It does take a lot more organisation and planning when you have little ones to consider and sometimes you have to take things slower or take a break when they need a nap. Taking snacks around with you is a must and not being too rigid with your plans buy going with the flow is best.

We are heading back in July, got two boys now, they will be 3 1/2 and 14 months. There is so much that the little ones can do I wouldn't hesitate to recommend disneyland Paris to families with young children, or to anyone really, there really is something for everyone.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

waddle_thepenguin

Thanks guys,

I think we've pretty much decided to do it, just looking into the logistics.

Really hope we do, can't wait to a Disney countdown on the go again!
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day."

Aug 2012 - Explorer's Hotel
Oct 2017 - New York Hotel

TJBezz

We just went in November with our 2 toddlers. aged 4 and 2.
overall we had a great time, the only drawback we had was when they both took naps. which left us sometimes with practically nothing to do except to look at the shops and stroll around the parks.
they loved the rides and the shows. don't forget to take your buggy!