Can we check in before the room is ready?

Started by Mushu_Stitch, January 13, 2017, 06:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushu_Stitch

Hi all,

We've got our next trip booked now and we are driving there for the first time. Previous times we used the Eurostar but it's just too expensive now.

Anyway.... As we're driving we want to use that flexibility to our advantage and get there before midday. But then I suddenly thought, how are we going to get into the parks? I know on the website it says rooms are available from 3pm but do they let you check in before that so we can get our park tickets as soon as we arrive?

On the Eurostar we always had the Disney express thing so you essentially check in on the train so we always had our tickets when we got there. It's the first time I've had to think about this.

So can anyone tell me if there's any time restrictions for checking in? And if you can check in early before the rooms are ready can we use the luggage area at the hotel so we don't have to leave our bags in the car until later in the day?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!  ;D

Nicola

Hi, Just to help if you go again the eurostar is cheaper the earlier you book it.

Like easy jet they sell the first few seats at one price the second block and a bigger price and so on. You can also book with them direct and get disney to add the Disney express to your booking separately.

Anyway. The answer to check in is, Yes. You can deposit your bags in the hotel your self and check in, you most likely wont get your room key yet but you can pick up park passes and leave bags etc then return later. To get your room keys.

Have fun!
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Aurora1

If you are going outside peakseason, chances are pretty high, you`ll get your room, when you arrive.
We always arrive around 1pm, and evereytime we could go to our room!

Andybear

I went to DLP in late September 2014 – outside peak season.  I'd booked a Montana room in Sequoia Lodge.  I got there at 2.30 and asked if I could check in then – they said no, that I couldn't check in until 3.00.  So I waited for 30 minutes then went to check in – and I was told there were no Montana rooms available!  Having booked the trip at the beginning of the year I was not happy.  I was a solo traveller and I specifically wanted a Montana room rather than a lodge room as I didn't want to wander through the trees in the dark on my own and I made this clear.  In the end I did stay in a lodge room and was given a VIP Fastpass for the whole trip as compensation.  Walking through the trees in the dark was scary but I made full use of that VIP Fastpass! 

I've booked a Montana room for my visit this September.  When I made the booking I explained what happened last time – the lady I spoke to was really shocked and said that shouldn't have happened and she made a note on this booking that it is essential that I stay in the main building – I have a copy of it.  This time it's partly for health reasons - I struggle walking up and down stairs and there are no lifts in the lodge buildings.

Askew80

Hi,

Not sure which hotel your stopping in or how long your stay is. 

Last December we drove over the night before and stopped locally in a f1 hotel at a cost of about 50 for 2 rooms.  This meant we could get to Disney for the first morning and have an extra half day in the parks. 

This year as we are stopping at Davy crokket ranch looking at booking an extra night their for 80, which means in effect don't lose any time in the parks and can use swimming pool etc day before.  Room won't be available until 3.00 but you can pick Park tickets up any time and return after 3 for your room and keys.  Only thing I don't like about Davy crokket is nowhere to store bags and have to leave them in the car :/

Sulley15

First time when we stayed at the New York hotel, we arrived about 10 and luckily our room was ready and we were taken up. We were given all the passes before but after a quick check they said the room was ready! We were totally new to the Disney and we wasted pretty much the 1st 3 days and we were there when they announced the 6 month extension to the 20th anniversary so the parks were heaving with PR and queues seemed to take forever than what was put up. We waited nearly three hours in a 90 minute queue to see a princess. Good fun with a 2 year old lol!

Second time we stayed at the Cheyenne we arrived about the same time, there was an issue with our room and they wanted to move us over to santa fe but we wanted the bunk beds. The oldest was loving the double bed, there was a constant smell in the adjoining room so we were in that one. As we werent in the rooms much we weren't too bothered until the last day or so when it seem to be best described as a smoking room that you used to find in the work places.

This time we are hoping to arrive the same time at the Newport bay hotel, can't wait to see the compass room and see what they are like. We have been given VIP fast passes, so fingers cross they come through but otherwise we will still get the hotel fasspass! I have got the email saying we got the VIP fast passes but I don't want issues from the moment we check in.
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

dlpowl

Yes you can always check in from about 7am on the first day of your holiday regardless of whether or not your room is ready.  They will give you all your paperwork and park tickets and if your room is not ready, you just come back later and get your key. 

When we go, we drive over the day before and stay in the F1 hotel at Meaux then go to our Disney hotel first thing the next morning, check in, get our park passes and off we go.  A full day in the park and we are not tired because we did the journey the day before and have had a full nights sleep!