Only one hour of EMH at DLP

Started by sunshine1, December 12, 2016, 07:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine1

Guests during the week only get one extra magic hour in the morning.
Not sure if this is a new thing when it is off peak.
Starts at 9am instead of 8am.

bad-pink-tink

more of their plan to bring DLP in line with the other parks. Its only one hour in California
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Ohana

That sucks! If they want it to be more in line with American parks, they should add stuff not take away what it does have in the first place, ugh. First breakfast, now this.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

sunshine1

Someone on another forum said they also let non disney hotel guests in at 9am. Even though they cannot go on rides they can meet the characters in Main Street.

polar vixen

seems slightly weird though - how will you get in for a character breakfast at plaza gardens? or would this only be available as a 9am sitting?

Sulley's Arms

We've just arrived home from a wonderful Christmas weekend at DLP.

The EMH this morning should be renamed "not-so magic hour(s)", due to the fact that the later gate-opening means that all the usual later-arrivers have also arrived before kick off plus, as written above, non-hotel guests / AP holders will also get in, albeit not onto the rides.

This all has the effect of creating an absolute scrum getting through the gate, then also past the pass-checkers, then through the turnstiles.  After all this (which took over 15 mins) we then found a clogged-up Main St USA, losing the usual excellent, people-free photo opportunities you can get at 8:00. Also all the characters have enormous queues immediately and, of course, the few rides that are open in EMH all have long queues straight away.

We went on Buzz Lightyear first, even though the boards said it was off, then straight round to Peter Pan, which already had a 25 min queue (we'd only been there 6-7 mins by then). By then it was 10:00 and the park fully opened.  There's nothing special or advantageous about this, and simply promotes staying offsite and arriving at 10:00.

I'm very much hoping this is not the new norm, but just a "thing" they're doing this week & next (for whatever reason). If they're actually considering this as the standard in future, in line with other parks, then I assume they'll also do EMH AFTER the park closes, in line with other parks.

Only time will tell.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

grovesie

I not sure if I have missed something..... but EMH have previously been reduced during the Christmas/December. When we have been over the Christmas period it has always been 1 hour.  I have just looked at the calendar timetable and it states that EMH will be back to 2 hours from January.

Sugaroo_

Yep back to 2 hours, but at the Studios not the Park. Not sure what to expect there in terms of what characters will be out and about. I hope Mickey shows up!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

robtogg

Am I missing something too?
Opening times on this site showing EMH starting at 08:00 and park opening at 10:00
We're off there on xmas eve, would be useful to know.

Cheers
Rob

sunshine1

Quote from: robtogg on December 15, 2016, 05:02:10 PM
Am I missing something too?
Opening times on this site showing EMH starting at 08:00 and park opening at 10:00
We're off there on xmas eve, would be useful to know.

Cheers
Rob

I think it was just for certain days in december. Just to vex me.

Andybear

I went there early December a few years ago and EMH was one hour then.  It didn't bother me though - I was so excited to be there and I just got on with having a jolly good time  :)

Slimy yet satisfying

This happens often in Dec to cope with increased numbers of visitors. EMH in the studios is also normal first week in Jan as they start to remove the decorations in the main park bit by bit. We found the studios to be fine and if it was raining the meets were inside the main strip beside the Brown Derby etc. This made a nice change to our photos.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.