Artificial Snow Main Street USA

Started by dlpowl, December 04, 2016, 06:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpowl

We've never been at Christmas but somebody told me they always have fake snow falling on Main Street, is this true?  And do they do it every year?  We are currently trying to decided whether or not to visit during Halloween or Christmas and this could be a deal breaker.  I've had a google but don't seem to be able to find anything concrete.

Zee79

Specific times of the day snow falls in Main Street. It doesn't lay but does look lovely & makes it feel very festive. We love Christmas time in Disney.

RockNRoller

In previous years it has snowed when the Christmas parade passes down Main Street and during the tree lighting ceremony. Also the timing seems to be every 15 mins during the day it snows, again on Main Street. You do get a warning as just before the blowers start up there is a tinkling of bells.
As I said this is what has happened on previous years, sadly I can't tell you about this year as we can't go  :( . I'm off for a little cry now.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Sulley's Arms

We loved the Halloween season when we went, as you get to see special shows plus characters (villains) that you mostly don't get to meet at other times.

But the Christmas season. WOW!  I mean, come on!  If you enjoy being festive then this DLP season can bring tears to your eyes in the best way possible.

I only remember the snow during the parade and tree lighting ceremony, but both are utterly magical.  I just wish I could bottle the feeling and sell it.  I'd be retired by next weekend!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

Zesty

It falls on the Paris one, its nice but wouldn't make it a deal breaker. You her the fans come on then the bubble bath blows down. Still lovely though :)

seraphelle

Halloween is my favourite season at DLP, but there is something amazing about seeing the parade and snow coming down, and also being around the tree for the lighting ceremony and the snow starts. My youngest was crying with joy when we visited last year during Christmas season. It was magical.  :-*
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

dlpowl

Aaah, thanks for all your replies, guys.  I'm a sucker for Christmas but my kids are desperate to go at Halloween so they can meet the villains.  I think we will have to have a family meeting, watch some YouTube vlogs from each season then take a vote!

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: dlpowl on December 07, 2016, 03:53:27 AM
Aaah, thanks for all your replies, guys.  I'm a sucker for Christmas but my kids are desperate to go at Halloween so they can meet the villains.  I think we will have to have a family meeting, watch some YouTube vlogs from each season then take a vote!

Of course, you could buy Annual Passes and do both! Lots of cheap hotels in the area and you can drive / Eurotunnel for low cost... Just a thought.  :D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

dlpowl

We have discussed getting annual passes many many times but every time we work out the maths, we come to the conclusion that we wouldn't save money.  We always go during term time, we choose the cheaper weeks, we always book well in advance and get 20-30% off AND free Half Board so we always get a really good deal.  Our last trip was 7 days 6 nights, Half Board, and we paid just over £1100 for 5 of us (only 1 child went free as the other 2 are older).  Passes alone would cost that before we start with hotels and food on top.  So as much as we would like to, it just wouldn't be feasible for us.  If we lived further south and could go 4-6 times a year then we would get passes but twice a year would be our absolute limit so we wouldn't save.   :(

ChipandDale99

Just watched this video.
https://youtu.be/EMWFnmzBa7U
Dlrp fans do a lot of videos on Christmas and holloween, so whilst your having your family vlog watching session I'd give the a watch! 😊