Control room?

Started by Javey74, May 13, 2007, 02:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Hi Everyone

Can anyone out there solve this question? Where in the DLP is the main control room, at first I was told it was in the Sleeping Beauty Castle, which to me was impossible as it was to small for that.  The most realistic answer was behind "It's a small world".  If this is true, has anyone been lucky enough to see inside, I think there was a clip of it on the first DVD released, showing managers looking at video monitors controlling "The Fantallusion Parade" timing.  Come to think of it where is the control room in the Studios Park?

If anyone out there has a little more inside knowledge about these buildings and the staff involved who work there, I would be very grateful.

:D  :D  :D  :D

Mod edit: changed the topic's title

Cubitus

He he, maybe it's just a small little black box doing all the magic? :))

Well to be hones I'd die to see a photo of the control room, Oliver
Oliver

tubbsy

Now I just thought it was magic pixie dust.... :tink:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Poppy The Monkey

Disneyland Park: Behind It's A Small World.
Walt Disney Studios: Upstairs in Studio 1.

dagobert

I always thought that the control room of the Disneyland Park is in the first level of the right side of the Main Street (when you look from the entrance to the castle).

speedpacket

Quote from: "dagobert"I always thought that the control room of the Disneyland Park is in the first level of the right side of the Main Street (when you look from the entrance to the castle).
As far as I know, there is a restaurant for cast members there, but I guess a CM would be in a better position to confirm this...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Poppy The Monkey

Like I said; It's behind Its a small world.  :roll:

tubbsy

Thanks Poppy :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Javey74

Thanks for all your headscratching, so it does seem to be behind "It's a small world" as I thought for the park, but I did not know about "Studio 1" upstairs for the Studios Park, saying that if you go in Studio 1 the set designs seem to go right to the ceiling on the building itself, so unless the upstairs is off to one side ? ? Any further ideas on this one.

:D  :D  :D

tubbsy

Poppy knows believe us! :D

I am a bit sad it isnt all done by Pixie dust though. Maybe I should pretend I havent read this strand.... :lol:  :lol: Or does Tink work in there Poppy?  :roll:  :lol:  :roll:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

duthoy

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Like I said; It's behind Its a small world.  :roll:

look at google maps:
you've got the it's a small world building,
after it's a small world there is a road,
yo mean the building on the other side of the road?
with the heli-pad on the right side and the parade cars parked on the left side?

because the building from it's a small world seems way to small to host the ride and a complete themepark control room

maybe check out the size of the pirates building, way bigger then it's  small world

tubbsy

I think it needs to be explained that Poppy works in the magic, so has a better idea than most :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "duthoy"because the building from it's a small world seems way to small to host the ride and a complete themepark control room

This is the parade control centre. There is another area for park control.

As for the Studios, there are stairs up to the control room outside the toilets in Studio 1, the control room starts behind the Gossip Column area.

And Hi tubbsy, yea Tink controls all the parade music  :lol: And Flora, Fauna and Merriweather do the Cinema Parade, so she can be part of the parade, of course!  :D

tubbsy

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"And Hi tubbsy, yea Tink controls all the parade music  :lol: And Flora, Fauna and Merriweather do the Cinema Parade, so she can be part of the parade, of course!  :D

Thank you for not shattering my dreams Poppy  :D  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DisneyBud

But if the three from sleeping beauty are doing it while tink is in the parade, who does it when they are all in the fantilusion parade?! :shock: I'm confused :P