Disney in a day?

Started by chicks99, October 30, 2016, 11:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicks99

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well. I've booked a disney trip 12-14th December - I am staying with a friend so buying my tickets each day. Here is my problem -

Day one - I arrive at Disney at 3pm. Is it worth me purchasing a ticket considering I will only use it for 4 hours? Is the mini ticket the best option? I believe it is £36
Day two - I am going to Paris for the day so will not be entering the park
Day three - I have one full day to see both the parks. Enough time to get through a fair amount? What do you suggest I do first? My train out is at 6:55 I believe...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Mushu_Stitch

I think you are going to have to prioritise what you want to do at the parks. I personally allow one day for the studios park, 2 for the main park and an extra day to cover exploring the Disney Village, do meet and greets and watch shows/parades. Last time we went we actually went for 5 days which was very leisurely and allowed us to go on rides multiple times. This was also off peak so we never queued for more than half hour but most rides we walked straight on.

Queues at rides will be your biggest problem that could restrict how much you get done so you will definitely have to have a vague plan or list of the minimum things we want to see and do. It's just going to be a case of planning your time wisely and focusing on just one park.

Then again, that's just me and there may be people that have done Disney in a day before. I am just the sort of person that likes to take it all in, enjoy all the details hidden around the park as we walk around and causally stroll from place to place.

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: chicks99 on October 30, 2016, 11:12:06 AM
Day one - I arrive at Disney at 3pm. Is it worth me purchasing a ticket considering I will only use it for 4 hours? Is the mini ticket the best option? I believe it is £36

Hi
The main park will be open until 8pm and will then have the Christmas Dreams show, which will give you a good 5.5 hours of Disney Fun!

After 3pm you should still be looking at being able to experience the following:
* Frozen Sing-Along
* Disney Magic On Parade
* Mickey's Magical Christmas Lights (i.e. tree lighting ceremony)
* Meet Santa Claus (if you're that way inclined!)
* Meet Jack Skellington & Sally
* Dreams of Christmas!

with a slight chance of the Royal Christmas Wishes show possibly being on around that time at the Castle Stage, so you'd be surprised just how much you'll be able to cram into an evening.  :D

Aparently there are also some rides in the park too  ;)

QuoteDay three - I have one full day to see both the parks. Enough time to get through a fair amount? What do you suggest I do first? My train out is at 6:55 I believe...

With a full day, and careful planning, you would be able to do all of the Christmas shows, parades, etc. in both parks by approx 5pm. I assume that you're going in December purely for the Christmas magic?!

If you download a park programme on the Friday before you go (from the DLP website) you can plan out the whats and whens before you go, to make sure you don't miss anything.

You could get an idea now though, by downloading one from the same week last year from,
https://salonmickey.wordpress.com/park-programmes/2015-2/ on the basis that it might be similar (the Halloween week last year was very similar to this year's when you compare the programmes).

Hope this helps... :)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

chicks99

Thank you so much for all your lovely advise!

Major, major help! we opted to book a disney package so we could make the most of magic hours :)