New York or Golden Forest

Started by RockNRoller, October 22, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

I have a dilemma, next year I will have one of those significant birthdays and my wife has suggested a different hotel to normal. We have stayed in the New York many times and always been happy but I have seen many people commenting that the Golden Forest suites are very nice and it would seem a similar price to our norm so the question is which do I choose. Anyone stayed in both can give me a comparison? Anyone stayed in the Golden Forest rooms can give me a bit more detail than the brochure?

Thanks in advance
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

justlikeidreamedit

We have stayed at both New York and Sequioia many times; including 2 trips (with a third coming up) in a Golden Forest Room. For us, SQL is a comfier, more relaxed hotel with a lovely atmosphere. Therefore having the little extras that a Golden Forest Room provides makes it even better. From memory, the extras are - private reception area, hotel fastpass for one ride per day, private dining room for breakfast which now serves some hot food and is not crowded at the buffet, same room for use later in the day for drinks and afternoon snacks. The bedroom itself is not much different. It has a Nespresso machine and mini fridge.
We enjoy having a beer in the hotel bar in the evening after a day in the park and feel much more relaxed in the bar at SQL rather than NYH.
Hope this helps a bit with your decision.

Puffin

I also prefer SQL lodge because of the atmosphere, especially in winter time. And the Golden Forest offers nice extras too.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

littlebitofpixiedust

I have stayed at all on-site hotels I like them all but I think the sequoia lodge does have a very calm atmosphere I particularly like the hotel music (they play outside the lodges) it's beautiful you can listen on YouTube.
We've never stayed in golden forest but then we love the sequoia and are happy with the standard rooms.

The New York is a lovely hotel we've enjoyed our visits but personally I'd go with the sequoia especially as you haven't done this hotel before  :D if the perks of golden forest appeal to you and you can afford it I'd say go for it! Hope you have a very magical birthday trip!

RockNRoller

We have stayed there twice before and loved the huge roaring fire in the bar area but we found the restaurant to be a scrum at breakfast. But you lot are convincing me to push the boat out.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

justlikeidreamedit

No scrum in the Golden Forest Lounge. Just a relaxed, civilized and enjoyable breakfast.

Go for it!