Hotel help

Started by TJBezz, September 24, 2016, 08:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJBezz

We are in the process of booking our hotel but torn between NPB and HNY.
We personally never stayed at the New York so we are slightly unsure, Has anyone stayed here please?
Which one would you go for and why?

MattR

A few years back New York was the number 2 after the Disneyland Hotel with 4 keys (not stars!). The NPB was the 3rd in ranking and a 3 keys hotel.

Today the NPB is renovated and upgraded to 4 keys while the New York hasn´t been renovated yet.

If you like both styles and you don´t mind walking 2 3 minutes longer to the parks I would try the NPB.

TJBezz

We stayed at NPB 2 years ago while it was still being renovated.
The room we had smelled terribly of mold and the room literally felt like a sauna.
other than that i loved that hotel.
thanks for your reply :)

CitrusZing

This was the decision I had to make recently for our stay in March 2017.

NBP - Massive hotel, slightly further away from the parks (but not that much if you are able-bodied), just had a refurb, has a better theme (In my opinion) and the restaurants are really good.

HNY - Smaller hotel than NBP, a bit nearer the parks, needs a refurb according to some, reviews on Tripadvisior really vary. The bar is good but I've not tried the restaurants.

In the end we picked the HNY as my partner uses a wheelchair, with the NBP the slightly further walk to the park and the possible trek to your room is going to be more tiring than it already is. If I were going with someone able-bodied then I would have chosen the NBP.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).