Lots of advice please

Started by Profane, September 02, 2016, 10:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Profane

We've decided to go to DLP for Christmas this year and I'd like some of your collective wisdom please. I've been to DLP plenty of times but never at Christmas and never stayed outside the park, so I've got some questions....

1. As its sooooo expensive to stay in the park at Xmas time we're looking at staying at the Aparthotel Hipark (one of the hotels nearby within walking distance), what's the best way of getting to these hotels from CDG airport? Train straight into Disney? I'm assuming there is a train station at CDG?!?! What are people's experiences of this hotel?

2. Obviously the park is open Xmas day, is it fully operational as per usual? Are there specific Xmas things I need to know? What time does the park close?

3. We're from the UK, have people had bad experiences with flights cancelled etc at this time of year weather-wise?

Any other advice or tips will be much appreciated.
Thanks very much

NCC1701Q

I can't help you with all your questions, but:
2. A TGV train from CDG to Disneyland® Paris offers a direct, high-speed train (200mph) connection between CDG Airport Terminal 2 and the Disneyland Paris park gates in less than 12 minutes with ticket prices as little as 17.50€ (copied that from the http://parisbytrain.com/tgv-train-cdg-to-eurodisney/) page.
3. The park IS fully operational, but be aware of the huge increase in prices at the table-service- and buffet-restaurants. If you want to eat at one of the "fast-food"-restaurants (where you order and get your food rightaway, then find a place to sit and eat) - like Hakuna Matata then there is no problem, those prices don't change. Do however check restaurant opening hours - some close before dinnertime!

MagicMarson

We're going in November and will be staying in Hipark for our fourth time. Recommend getting the TGV from CDG to Disney then the metro two or three stops to Val D'europe station. Then it's a 10-15 minute walk through the shopping centre and you're there.

Unfortunately I can't help with the rest, if you need anything else about the hotel just drop me a message.

Marson.

Samninetysix

Christmas Day morning in the parcs were awesome when we went. We stayed in Newport Bay, had breakfast brought to the room, opened pressies then walked to the parcs. Not a queue in sight, everything was open and functioning. We walked straight onto BTM, then did it again then did it again :). The afternoon was busier but not manic. Christmas Eve was stupid busy tho :(

rocker

HiPark Serris is great. Sat on the Eurostar on my way there fir the 4th time as I type l this note in fact  :D . They have a free shuttle bus to the park or you can do the 20 minute walk.  Don't bother getting the train to Val d'Europe as you then have to walk 15 mins back to the hotel. You  might as well have walked straight to the hotel from the parks...

They will give you a timetable when you check in or if you're going to the parks first using left luggage and checking in in the evening, email them on hipark.serris@hipark-residences.com and they'll send you an up to date timetable.  Be warned this bus gets pretty busy in the evening... be prepared for a squash...

Profane

That's all really helpful, thanks everyone >: ;D

grovesie

We went for X-Mas a few years back... A super time to go but exceptionally busy especially X-Mas day.

twentythingamabobs

We've stayed at the HiPark around 14 times now, it's great for us. We always get the TGV from the airport and then get a taxi or Uber to the apartment with our cases (normally around ten euros or less). We normally get the free shuttle to the park and walk back of an evening as the buses get soooo scarily busy it is not worth the effort! Christmas is an amazing time to visit, our flights have never even been delayed so don't worry about that.

When it's time to come home, we get a taxi to the train station and put our cases in a locker there. We do get free storage at the parks but there's always a risk of a big queue to get them back out and we like to squeeze as much time out of the park as possible so find the lockers make life much easier for us.

Profane

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on September 05, 2016, 10:32:58 AM
We've stayed at the HiPark around 14 times now, it's great for us. We always get the TGV from the airport and then get a taxi or Uber to the apartment with our cases (normally around ten euros or less). We normally get the free shuttle to the park and walk back of an evening as the buses get soooo scarily busy it is not worth the effort! Christmas is an amazing time to visit, our flights have never even been delayed so don't worry about that.

When it's time to come home, we get a taxi to the train station and put our cases in a locker there. We do get free storage at the parks but there's always a risk of a big queue to get them back out and we like to squeeze as much time out of the park as possible so find the lockers make life much easier for us.

Thank you that's great. Is the TGV easy to get to in the airport? Do we need to book tickets for it?

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: Profane on September 06, 2016, 08:51:33 AM
Thank you that's great. Is the TGV easy to get to in the airport? Do we need to book tickets for it?

Just to warn you, there are many varied opinions of the TGV (read https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=17786.msg258245#msg258245 for a taster!) It has worked perfectly for us. We always buy tickets in advance and we normally have around 90 minutes between landing and our TGV leaving, as we normally check at least 1 piece of luggage it's better to have more time. The TGVs are not regular so if you miss the one you have booked then you are stuck for a couple of hours until the next one. If you've got children/lot of luggage then either a shared/private shuttle might work out cheaper for you and less hassle. If you have a search on the forum you'll find a ton of reccomendations of firms people have used.

Profane

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on September 06, 2016, 10:13:38 AM
Quote from: Profane on September 06, 2016, 08:51:33 AM

Just to warn you, there are many varied opinions of the TGV (read https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=17786.msg258245#msg258245 for a taster!) It has worked perfectly for us. We always buy tickets in advance and we normally have around 90 minutes between landing and our TGV leaving, as we normally check at least 1 piece of luggage it's better to have more time. The TGVs are not regular so if you miss the one you have booked then you are stuck for a couple of hours until the next one. If you've got children/lot of luggage then either a shared/private shuttle might work out cheaper for you and less hassle. If you have a search on the forum you'll find a ton of reccomendations of firms people have used.

You are super helpful! Thanks