First time newbie!

Started by Pumpkin_queen, August 29, 2016, 10:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin_queen

Hi all! Well I'm completely new to this so be gentle with me  :)
My husband and myself are planning to suprise our children ( 1 1/2 and 7 ) at Christmas with a trip to Disneyland Paris for 8th-11th January. We aren't sure what hotel yet.. We've decided we probably won't do food vouchers.
We'll be getting the Eurostar to dlp.
Mainly after advice please on how to keep little ones entertained on the train, how long roughly will the queues for character meets be in January?
What rides to deffo do with the youngest?
Also we're planning on taking £1000 spending money and that's for food aswell, is that enough?
Any advice would be fab please!
Thank you xx

daddyof2

Welcome to the forum, you'll hopefully get some good advice from the members on here. Thank you for asking questions that aren't too vague, I for one appreciate it.

I think you're probably going to be ok without food vouchers, we didn't take them on our first visit with kids (then 4 and 2)
OK, let's try and answer your questions...keeping little ones entertained on the train - an electronic device with movie/s on it is often a good reserve option, but things like colouring books, activity books, small travel type games (e.g. top trumps) are ideal. Of course, drinks and snacks are a must but you probably know how to keep your kids entertained better than us.

Your youngest will be able to do many of the rides in Fantasyland, but be mindful that January is the low season so some rides such as Casey Jr and Les Pays de Conte de Fees will almost certainly be closed. If open, Dumbo, Its a Small World and the Carousel will be great for them.

£1000 should be plenty (depending on what happens with the exchange rate of course) but I'd advise not to go too hard on the shopping on the first day or so, until you get your own feel of your budget.

Hope those responses help. Feel free to ask further questions

Pumpkin_queen

Thank you for the replie!
I think I'm just worrying as I can imagine we're all going to be so overwhelmed with it all :/

flickmcktur

we have theses things called kiddiego's they are by vetch and we got them on amazon for £25 each you can load movies on them best entertainment on route Disney movies.