Last Day Parking Question

Started by Legomam, August 14, 2016, 12:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legomam

Hello everyone!

Apologies if this question has been asked before. I booked a four night/five night package for the Cheyenne Hotel. Originally, we were going to leave in the afternoon of the last day & make our way up slowly to make the ferry the next day. Now we think it would be a much better idea to squeeze as much time as we can in to the last day and stay over another night....and get up super early for the ferry (don't want to think too much about that!!)
I have just called reservations to check if I could extend the hotel stay by one night. Unfortunately, it is too expensive (!).
So now I am looking to book a different hotel close to Disneyland and making the most of our last day.
I presume I will have to move our car when we check out of the Cheyenne. My question is can we park it someplace else close to the park and leave our luggage in it, before moving it to the next hotel?.
Or does anyone know of another hotel, where we can drive over early and leave our car for the day-before checking in later?
Thank you for any help or suggestions!  :D

Slimy yet satisfying

If you book into the Kyriad or others on that strip you could have breakfast at the Cheyenne then drive right over, leave your luggage in the big free lockers outside Kyriad reception then jump on the free shuttle...sorted! Dont leave your luggage in the car...ever!!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Legomam

Great!...Thanks!!
That's exactly the type of response I was hoping for. I'd never leave my luggage in my car here in my home town and I'd probably worry all day in the park, if I had to do it over there...but I didn't want the hassle of leaving the park to move the car. What a ditherer I am!
I am off to check out the Kyriad now. Thank you very much Slimy!!  ;D

caspdex

There is no need to shift your car from the Cheyenne car park, you can leave it there all day, with the luggage in left luggage at the Cheyenne.

Legomam

Thanks Caspdex!
I thought they would issue you with a pass for the car park and then take it back when you check-out. It would certainly be easier to leave it there for the day, as we wouldn't even have to find or wait on a shuttle bus back to the next hotel.
Do you know if they have lockers at the Cheyenne or do you leave the bags in a room?.

caspdex

There is a left luggage room to the left of the main entrance. Remember packages are sold as 4 nights/5 days or whatever , so you are perfectly entitled to leave your car there all day.

stifle

You can also drive around to the main resort car park if you like; free of charge on presenting your EasyPass.

Slimy yet satisfying

Looks like there are lots of good suggestions for you to choose from, whether you want to get the move over and done with before you hit the parks or whether you want to leave it till later in the day. All are much better options than leaving luggage in your car! Enjoy your extra time ;)
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Legomam

Yes, some great suggestions!. Thanks everyone for helping me to see things more clearly now.  :)