Cleaners at DLP are striking today

Started by NCC1701Q, August 08, 2016, 12:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCC1701Q

Apparently the cleaning CM's are on strike today. They're not emptying garbage bins and have littered around the entrance to give their strike more "weight".
The cleaning CM's are hired from another company (so they're not employed by Disney) and now they want the same rights and priviliges as their "Disney-employed" co-workers. That's what I understand at least.
https://www.facebook.com/CafeMickey/photos/pcb.1148615255194560/1148614081861344/?type=3&theater

Zee79

I can understand their frustration but I would not be happy walking into this! It's not disney's fault so why do that at Disney. Go and dump the rubbish at the company who hire them. DLP are going  to get the backwash of this, I am just hear the reviews now.
This does explain a tweet saying character meet n greets - the small band are in the hub.

MattR

They want to create as much preassure as possible. Who cares about some garbage in front of a office complex somewhere else when they want the same treatment as direct disney employees. They also went Disney to pressure their company.

What I am more wondering about is, how bad their contracts must be, Disney isn´t really known for it´s above the average, desirable treatment.