Unexpected return trip!!!

Started by Karmaviolet, August 04, 2016, 11:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmaviolet

I've just received a bit of a windfall in the form of a PPI refund, so we can look to return to DLP next year!!!! Having been once, I have a better idea of what is likely to be beneficial and what isn't, and I'm trying to work out what comes out as best value for us....

We are looking at going May/June (school half term) for 6 nights, 7 days.  2 adults, 2 children under 7. 
My current proposal is to do HNY - we can't really justify DLH (while I'd love it, I'd prefer to keep the budget to add premium dining!).  Is it worth looking to upgrade to the Empire State Club? What are the benefits of that over a standard room. 

Our thinking for opting for HNY is its proximity to the parks/village... we stayed in Cheyenne this year and, while lovely, was hard on the walks home with 2 small girls. 

When booking direct with Disney, it only gives you the option of adding the meal plan equivilent to your hotel level - I'm sure I've read that you can ring up and add any level of plan, though. Is that right?

And would you recommend booking now (as it, before the new brochure comes out, on the 2 days free offer) as I'm guessing there'd be price hikes with the new brochure.

Or, would we be better looking at APs, and then booking hotel only with the AP discount?
My concern is, going in May, we wouldn't be able to buy APs until after the price rise, which is rumoured to be very expensive.  :/

Or another suggestion that I haven't thought of?

polar vixen

squeeze in a Mini trip in September?  ;D our also consider sequoia our Newport bay? I've read alot say new hotel is in bed of a return but Newport id's lovely and fresh abd only a little further away or the sequoia which had a slide in the pool. ...

Karmaviolet

We'd have to stick to school hols, and put the cat in the cattery and beg in-laws to have the dog.... makes mini-trips a little tricky.

:(

Karmaviolet

Ooo.... I've found that the Irish site price for DLH is significantly cheaper than the UK site price.
Is this a "Too good to be true" or should I go ahead and book it?

And is it easy to add a meal plan later on if you've booked with another country's site?

DisneyDuckLover

Amazing, if you're wanting the best deal you need to follow my lead and book with Holiday Hamster - they're cheaper than DLP direct and they can sort all your dining out for you too...

I booked four days next April (peak season) and it was just over £800 at Sequioa! Sooooo excited!

https://www.holidayhamster.co.uk/DisneyDuckLover/Olympics

They've got an offer on - if you can find a deal cheaper elsewhere they'll match it and throw in a Disney plush!

Tell them you've seen my post and you want their "gold medal" best price!

:-D
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!