Hotel Booking for 5 people

Started by edgerada, July 14, 2016, 01:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgerada

I would like to book a room for 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids). I would like to stay in Cheyenne Hotel or Santa Fee but the rooms accept only 4 people. Is there a way or suggestion how I can book this Hotel.

Zee79

Santa Fe is supposed to have family rooms so should accommodate 5 I would ring to ask, otherwise you need to book 2 rooms & state need interconnecting. The Newport Bay has family rooms for 5 if cost isn't an issue. I would price up cost for 2 rooms & then the cost of the family room in Newport as it may work out cheaper.

lovindisney87

Is it 5 adults?? I am not 100% sure but I read they have family rooms in the Santa Fe, hoping this is correct as when my youngest turns 3 next year I will need a family room as will be 5 of us. When I went with my dad in january we had two rooms that where next to each other, all we did was have the booking reference linked with my dads booking reference and we were side by side rooms. Hopefully someone else can confirm more 😊
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

polar vixen

if you're wiLling to dRive davy crockery is a good and Much cheaper option.  the hotel rooms that sleep 5 rare usually exempt from any special offers:free dining etc whereas davY cricket will aCcommodate up to 6 and usually works out Much cheaper

dlpowl

Santa Fe do have some family rooms that accommodate 5 people but we've never managed to book one. They're not available to book online, you have to telephone, but whenever I've enquired they've never been available, and we only go during quiet times.  Cheyenne cannot accommodate a family of 5 unless you have 2 rooms.

Newport Bay and the main Disneyland Park hotel have rooms for 5, and I think Seqouia may do too, and possibly New York Hotel but they are all much more expensive than Santa Fe or Cheyenne.

If you're on a tight budget (as we are) then Davy Crockett Ranch is the best option as they are cabins.  Lots more room and you have 2 bathrooms as well which is always helpful.  It's a 10 minute drive from Disney but it's still a Disney hotel and you are treated just the same as any other Disney guest.  It also has a large swimming pool and a playground.

A&S&O

Alternatively, there are offsite hotels that have apartments for 5 or more people. We can recommend the Adagio, about 5 minutes drive away.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

grovesie

We often travel in a party of 5 or 7 and have always booked 2 rooms. We have historically found that 2 rooms is cheaper than booking a family room. We have most of the time been given interconnecting rooms, even in the Disneyland Hotel. The best thing with 2 room is the additional space, 2 bathrooms etc. We call the hotel a few days before the trip just to ask about having the rooms adjoining or interconnecting. I am sure you'll be ok

samuelvictor

I second the vote for the Adagio - its cheap (especially for longer stays) and the appartment has loads of fantastic stuff like dishwasher, cooker etc, and its right next to the Auchan supermarket so you can save a fortune on food.

Its a partner hotel so there are free shuttle buses etc if you don't drive :)

evie2002

Just back from 2nd visit to Magic Circus - very reasonable for two interconnecting rooms for the 5 of us and loved it both times - we had annual passports so could do extra magic hours as you wouldn't normally get that staying off site.Have stayed at the explorers last and was great for kids and they had large family rooms. Good luck.

dlpowl

There are some off site places like people have mentioned but you obviously don't get your park tickets included in the price with those so you need to factor in buying those on top of your price.

edgerada

Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions. Last time I visited the Park we were four 2 adults and 2 children so it was easy to book at Santa Fee. I like to book on a disney hotel because of the extra magic hours. But now the only budget Hotel available is the B&B for 2 adults and 3 children but does not offer extra hours. Thanks again

A&S&O

Depending on how long you're going for (and if you intend going again in the next 12 months), you could look at staying offsite and buying annual passes as they give magic hours.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

polar vixen

DaveY cRicket is a disney owned hotel do you'd still get your magic hours and it's do much cheaper than other optionsw found wr could usually add on a couple more days for the price