Rides in January

Started by EmmaH, June 04, 2016, 11:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaH

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of help please with trip planning for our fifth trip to DLP.

For the first three years we visited the last week of January and for those years - Autopia, Casey Jr and the story boat ride were always shut.

Last year we travelled the third week of Jan (around 16th I think) and we were so pleased to see these rides open and we were able to experience these rides for the first time.

Now my question is, are those three rides always shut the last week of Jan?

We are wanting to book for next January and I'm weighing up which rides will be open - I'm hoping that if we book 30 Jan then BTM will be reopened on 1st Feb but Autopia is a firm favourite of ours now too.

If anyone can help then I'd really appreciate it.

Emma xx
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

stifle

There is no specific pattern of closures but a higher proportion of attractions are liable to be closed in January – they do all need their maintenance and it's best to do that in quieter periods.

EmmaH

It was just those three rides that were always shut but where we booked a week earlier than our usual week in January the rides were open.

Or maybe they were open because Peter Pan and BTM were shut?

It's pot luck then by the sounds of it. Thank yo for your reply.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

moopmoop93

Those rides were always [removed by moderator] when I went in Feb. I always thought It was because of the weather and risk of snow and ice with them being outside haha :S I guess it was just coincidence they were shut every time I went xx

Moderator edit: Please don't use the kind of language on the forum that you wouldn't expect to find in the magic kingdom itself! Thanks!
Sequoia Lodge - Sierra Lodge Aug 2006
Sequoia Lodge - Montanna Room (upgraded to GFC rooms for free) Feb 2014
Sequoia Lodge -Lodges Feb 2015

polar vixen

ummm I'm guessing you mean they were shut. ...I airways thOught they were pretty good :P

moopmoop93

Omg! Yes I meant shut haha  :-[
Sequoia Lodge - Sierra Lodge Aug 2006
Sequoia Lodge - Montanna Room (upgraded to GFC rooms for free) Feb 2014
Sequoia Lodge -Lodges Feb 2015

Zee79

:D  :D   :D  it still might have been the case  ;)

This is why I love this forum, no offence is taken & jokes can be made.

daddyof2

Not sure about Autopia but I have read that casey jr and the story book ride do shut down in low season