Dole Whip Has Arrived in DLP

Started by bad-pink-tink, June 03, 2016, 11:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

seeing lots of chatter on Twitter this morning as the Disney Dole Whip is finally onsale in DLP

BUT something does not look right

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Zee79

This dole whip just looks like a Mr Whippy ice cream we get in the UK. Being on the coast we have a range of ice creams that look like this. I'm going to have to try one when I get there to see what the fuss is all about  :)

never2old

To be fair to DLP, they never said the Dole Whip was coming, and they don't advertise it as a Dole Whip but Pineapple Whip...

Though personally I'm quite dissapointed, I really wanted to try the real Dole Whip and see what all the fuss is about ;) The DLP version sounds way too sweet....

daddyof2

They often like to have subtle differences between the parks, so it doesn't bother me - not been to WDW yet though

Karen101

im sure my hubby will be delighted to try this ...

ill pass cause I don't like pineapple hehehe

Rocketeer

I would imagine that its called 'Pineapple Whip' as Dole is a brand name. I'm guessing its never changed in the US parks as its become the de facto name, much like vacuums are colloquially referred to as 'Hoovers' in the UK.

As for the product itself, as it says in the Tweeted picture, it looks like the US version is a pineapple flavoured ice cream, whereas the Parisian version is vanilla sat atop pineapple syrup.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

andrewuk

I think the US one is vegan, no chance of that in Paris  ::)
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

twentythingamabobs

Ah got excited there, I am one of the Dole Whip float fanatics  ;D I don't know why it is so good but it is SO GOOD. Not sure why but I prefer Dole Whip at WDW rather than DLR and I'm sure theyre both identical lol. The DLP one does not look good  :( still be trying it though!

Puffin

haha, makes me think about that Pulp Fiction quote: "you know what the funniest thing about Europe is? it's the little differences."
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Rocketeer

^LOL that's a meme in the making there.

"You know what they call a Dole Whip in Paris?"
"They don't call it a Dole Whip?"
"No, they got the metric system"
"Then what do they call it?"
"Pineapple Whip"

;D

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

nathalie

Such a fuss about "nothing" really, lolz.

Rocketeer

^When there's seldom any exciting new attractions or parade news coming from the resort, these sort of little 'extras' sadly do count.

fairymom

Someone said on Facebook that the original can't be produced/sold because the ingredients are banned in the EU.  :o

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: fairymom on June 05, 2016, 10:49:40 AM
Someone said on Facebook that the original can't be produced/sold because the ingredients are banned in the EU.  :o

Im not surprised at this. Our food in Europe is alot healthier and contain far more natural ingredients and less artificial ingredients than American food. Alot of everyday food in American would not be allowed for sale in Europe.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Rocketeer

Surely pineapple ice cream is not difficult to replicate? I'd imagine you'd find it in many a good gelato store in France or Italy.