Is it necessary to book?

Started by MrsRoachy, May 19, 2016, 01:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsRoachy

We're visiting in 12 days (eeeek) and haven't booked any restaurants. We have a very fussy 5 year old and an eat anything 4 year old so were just going to see where the mood takes us each day. Is it necessary to pre book? I know for the character restaurants it will be necessary to book in advance (we're going to do breakfast with Mickey but you can't book this until 3 days before, so the reservations line told me when I tried). Is it possible to walk in to most restaurants and get a table, even if we will have a short wait?

polar vixen

it depends whether you're eating at conventional Times or not even then. ....I've seen people queuing for a good 20 minutes I  counter serVice let alone buffet restaurants so i would definitely book if it were me. 

MrsRoachy

Oh gosh. Need to get my head together with my husband then and try and have a think of where we might want to eat!

daddyof2

My advice is that if you really want to eat in any particular restaurants, then book. If you're not too fussed or can be flexible, you can book once you arrive at DLP (should there be any places available) or can walk up. Most restaurants in the Village can't be booked in advance, and the rainforest cafe is popular with children. In what way is your 5 year old fussy?

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: MrsRoachy on May 19, 2016, 01:23:08 PM
Oh gosh. Need to get my head together with my husband then and try and have a think of where we might want to eat!

Google DLP menus and look at the choices I don't personally book for every day but I'm saying that we eat earlier than most around 3pm for table service restaurants in the village rainforest, planet Hollywood and king Ludwigs (fav) all have wide choices. You can book king Ludwigs but not the other two. Inventions buffet in the Disneyland hotel is brilliant but not cheap and I'd advise you booked that if you want to go in advance.

If your new to DLP you may not know the lucky nugget saloon in frontierland has a new puppet show themed on Woody

MrsRoachy

Thanks for the info, especially about lucky nugget saloon. Might book there for lunch one day.

My 5year old will only eat what she knows, doesn't like strong tastes and if it doesn't look 'normal' she won't even touch it! I think it will be a holiday of nuggets and chips for her whereas the 4 year old will try anything. I wanted to eat at Chez Remy but she won't eat anything from the children's menu. King Ludwigs castle looks good, might look to book there.

We want to eat at Annette's and planet Hollywood which I know you can't book for so thats 2 nights sorted. I think we'll just have to see how we go. I've had a quick search through the DLP menus but I know some are quite out of date so don't know how much has changed. I think we'll just see how we go and be prepared to have to wait. We might have an explore on our first afternoon (we will get there about 4ish) and if we see something we like try and book a table through the hotel

polar vixen

remys is lovely abd they will just let you order chips if you really want to give it a try- you don't have to order get a actual child's meal.  tge lugs menu us currently chicken skewers with cops which is just pain chunks of chicken in a stick.  another good option might be buffets.  billy Bob's in the village has a children's section with nuggets etc and normal plain pasta but loads of other choices so it's not like you'd be paying for her to only have one food option. 

billy

sequoia had a good selection for kids, there was nuggets, croquettas, and mini hash browns as well as two types of pasta with the sauce seperate either cheese or tomato, there was also ribs and they had excellent desserts!

Ohana

We tried Plaza Gardens one night and were told we'd need to book, so ended up booking for the following day. Worth the wait though, lovely food. Not sure how child friendly though as contains food like salmon, veal, mussels, shrimp pasta. They do have pizza and chicken, but still not stuff children would really love. Desserts are to die for though!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: MrsRoachy on May 20, 2016, 12:41:19 PM
Thanks for the info, especially about lucky nugget saloon. Might book there for lunch one day.

My 5year old will only eat what she knows, doesn't like strong tastes and if it doesn't look 'normal' she won't even touch it! I think it will be a holiday of nuggets and chips for her whereas the 4 year old will try anything. I wanted to eat at Chez Remy but she won't eat anything from the children's menu. King Ludwigs castle looks good, might look to book there.

We want to eat at Annette's and planet Hollywood which I know you can't book for so thats 2 nights sorted. I think we'll just have to see how we go. I've had a quick search through the DLP menus but I know some are quite out of date so don't know how much has changed. I think we'll just see how we go and be prepared to have to wait. We might have an explore on our first afternoon (we will get there about 4ish) and if we see something we like try and book a table through the hotel

My son wouldn't eat at bistro chez rent either I loved it however! King ludwigs do poppin chicken (much like popcorn chicken kfc) he loves it! Planet Hollywoods chicken crunch is lovely too my son is like your daughter a real fuss pot when we're away. Don't forget there's McDonalds if all else fails we've grabbed him a happy meal if he's refused to eat with us during the day so there will be something  :)

MrsRoachy

Thanks littlebitofpixiedust. I wasn't aware of the McDonalds. Handy to know!