Best way to get from airport to Disney?

Started by sunshineinadress, May 17, 2016, 11:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshineinadress

Hi all!

We have booked everything for our trip apart from transfer to/from the airport on our first and last day. I was wondering what were everyones opinions on the options available?
We're not spending any time in the parks on the first or last day, instead these will be our shopping time most likely! So no worries about losing time in the parks.
Thanks! xxx

caspdex

caspdex

Don't be tempted by the TGV, can be a long wait for a train and very expensive, then you have to find your own way to your hotel.

Ohana

I've used the magic shuttle on both trips which I find to be decent they take you from your airport to your hotel and back. I think they're hourly and I'm not sure what time they stop. It depends when you're going, lithe first time I went was November 17 last year and it was very quiet, but I went last week on the 9th and it was heaving, and it's a bit of a scrum trying to get on.. Plus people are selfish and don't push their suitcases right to the back so no one has room to put theirs on... And a man blatantly walked infront of me in the queue but if you're prepared to overlook these annoyances you'll be fine haha. It's £60 for two people return and you can book on the website or with Disney if you booked with them to begin with :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

stifle

Quote from: caspdex on May 18, 2016, 05:49:35 AM
Don't be tempted by the TGV, can be a long wait for a train and very expensive, then you have to find your own way to your hotel.
It can also be a very short wait and is often very cheap, depending on when you travel, and then you don't have to get delayed by horrible Paris traffic and are at the Marne-la-Vallée station within 10 minutes, ready for a leisurely walk to your hotel. It's particularly good for solo guests or groups of two or three who don't have a lot of luggage and are used to travelling independently. And it allows you to squeeze out every last minute on your final day if you leave your bags at Guest Storage or the station's luggage lockers before taking the 10-minute ride back to the airport at a time that suits you and that you can control.

Larger groups, families with a lot of baggage, and guests who don't mind paying more to smooth their experience along will be better suited by Magic Shuttle or one of the wide range of private and shared transfer providers.

caspdex

Short wait at the airport, or upto two hours if you have just missed one. Any time saving on the return trip is wasted by having to lug your baggage to the station or guest services, wait to check it in and to check it out again before your train. Then getting from the station at CDG to your check in desk, no I'll continue to use a private/shared shuttle which will pick me up where I want to be picked up, and drop me off at whichever part of CDG I want.

seraphelle

I love the TGV. We've used it on our last 2 trips and it works out great for us (2 adults and 2 kids able to carry their own hand luggage). I can see it would be frustrating if you'd missed one and have to wait ages for the next, but you can always check the timetable before you travel so you have a rough idea of times. We've been very lucky with each trip and had to wait 5-10 minutes only for the next train, and have been in Disney Village within 10 minutes. This is preferably to me bouncing up and down impatiently for 40-60 minutes in a taxi / on a coach from the airport  ;D ;D ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

cooper75

Used TGV for first time this weekend, from Disney to CDG. Was a little worried after some of the comments on here, but all worked out very well. 2 adults, a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old in our party, hand luggage only, which obviously helped.

It was a bit of hassle trying to find the machine to print the pre booked tickets, and there was a slight moment of panic when the 7:31pm train we were due to catch was delayed first by 10 mins, then it increased to 15. But it did arrive 15 mins late, and we were grateful to a family who we got talking to for their advice about where to stand to make sure you are getting in the right carriage (the is a pic of train on the overhead boards on platform, so check your ticket against that information and it's easy).

The train wasn't that busy at all, and from the station at CDG we had a reasonably short walk to terminal 2D.

We booked very late, so yes we probably could have got it cheaper (cost 75 euro for the 4 of us) but would def recommend it.

We didn't use it for the CDG to Disney journey as our flight was due in at 8:20 and the next train wasn't until 10am. Using a private transfer we were at the B&B Hotel well before 10.

Hope that helps

DisneyDuckLover

I book my transfers through HolidayHamster.co.uk and it is cheaper than booking direct with the car company
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!

sunshineinadress

Thanks for all the replies, at the moment the TGV train seems to be the best option.
Just another quick question; when booking the TGV do you book a particular time train, or can you get on any one? Just thinking of the worst case scenario of our flight being delayed!
Thank you! xxx

caspdex

Have read stories where people book tickets in advance, flight is delayed or take a long time in immigration and miss the train and have to pay more money or buy a whole set of new tickets. If you are intent on using the TGV, I would leave a min of 90 mins to get off the plane and find your way to the station, bearing in mind CDG is a very large international airport, and depending on which terminal you are arriving can take upto half an hour.
Last time we went our plane arrived on time at 9.15. We entered the arrivals at 10.20. Had we been travelling on the TGV , we would have missed the 10.18 TGV, next one would have been 11.58. As it was we had booked a private shuttle and were entering our hotel reception bang on 11.00,

DisneyDuckLover

Quote from: caspdex on May 25, 2016, 03:04:26 PM
Have read stories where people book tickets in advance, flight is delayed or take a long time in immigration and miss the train and have to pay more money or buy a whole set of new tickets. If you are intent on using the TGV, I would leave a min of 90 mins to get off the plane and find your way to the station, bearing in mind CDG is a very large international airport, and depending on which terminal you are arriving can take upto half an hour.
Last time we went our plane arrived on time at 9.15. We entered the arrivals at 10.20. Had we been travelling on the TGV , we would have missed the 10.18 TGV, next one would have been 11.58. As it was we had booked a private shuttle and were entering our hotel reception bang on 11.00,

I completely agree with you hun
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!

stifle

Quote from: sunshineinadress on May 25, 2016, 01:31:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies, at the moment the TGV train seems to be the best option.
Just another quick question; when booking the TGV do you book a particular time train, or can you get on any one? Just thinking of the worst case scenario of our flight being delayed!
Thank you! xxx
You book for a specific one, but I have never heard of anyone getting into difficulty using their ticket on a later train. Just be aware you won't have seats reserved – but on a 10 minute journey it hardly makes a big deal.