Booking help

Started by KateB, June 07, 2016, 08:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KateB

Hi there, 

I'm wondering if you lovely people can give me some advice on booking through the disneyland website
I've been to dlp a few times before but alway's used a travel agent or a company but for next year I'm thinking of booking it all myself in order to get a better deal.

I'm wanting to book for either the end of August or October half term 2017(got to go then due to working in a school). At the moment they are doing the early booking offer of 2 days and nights free. Is there likely to be a better deal than this? Or should I book now? When will the dates for october be released?

Many thanks.
Kate x
December 2009 kriad hotel. (Xmas day!)🎅🎄❄⛄
February 2010 Santa Fe hotel.🚘🚗
Baby break....💙💙
August 2013 Santa Fe hotel🌞
March 2015 sequoia lodge.
May 2016 sequoia lodge.

polar vixen

ask depends how many in your family and how long you're gOing for.  for us tge best deal is 30 recent if abd free dining plan as it would cost our family all most the same to eat as it does for the actual holiday so that's a major saving for us

Zee79

I just book when I feel like booking if I think I've got a good deal. I darent wait just in case nothing happens then I missed out on the original offer.

October dates will probably be released from end of September, they were last year on another site, if not it will be beginning of November. We are waiting for them because I want to go either October half term or the Christmas period.

KateB

We're  2 adults 2 children and I'm looking at going for 4 nights 5 day's.  I've thought about maybe going for Christmas as well, but worried about travelling if the weather is bad as would be driving from the east Midlands.
Baby break....💙💙
May 2016 sequoia lodge.

Zee79

We worry about that as well but the last couple of years it has been fine. We drive from the north east. It's a risk I am willing to take haha. I would prefer Christmas/New Year but it depends on when we return to school.

KateB

Do you take out the insurance offered by Disney?  I would really like to go for Christmas.
Baby break....💙💙
May 2016 sequoia lodge.

Zee79

No because my hubby's bank account does it, my parents just get their own. It's often works out cheaper & Disney never been bothered by this, they just say make sure you have your own before you arrive.

Muminoz

Does the free meals tend to be off peak? Just wondering if they do that around Christmas?

ZoeG

I booked via Magic breaks, they also offer the disneyland offers. I booked with them as they gave me a free photopass, and I also get vouchers with them for 20% off Earl of Sanwich and 15% off planet Hollywood. Used them last year with no problem, so booked again this year!  :)

Zee79

We got free half board when we went new year 2014/15. We got it this summer as well.

KateB

Will look into Magic breaks. Thank you.
Baby break....💙💙
May 2016 sequoia lodge.

polar vixen

the free half board and discount usually hits around feb for arrivals march to sep and beginning October for October to march, then it drops to 20% off and free half board, then 10% off and free half board, then just free board, and then 2 days/2 nights free again.

KateB

Quote from: polar vixen on June 07, 2016, 02:19:49 PM
the free half board and discount usually hits around feb for arrivals march to sep and beginning October for October to march, then it drops to 20% off and free half board, then 10% off and free half board, then just free board, and then 2 days/2 nights free again.

Thanks that's really useful.x
Baby break....💙💙
May 2016 sequoia lodge.

Zee79

We've used Disneylandparisdirect before & they been ok, can pay holiday in instalments if you wish. Disney themselves are a bit cheaper than these at the mo though but our upcoming summer trip we booked through them because they were cheaper than Disney. We've got discount vouchers for early, ludwigs, planet Hollywood.

Muminoz

So when do,Yu think the best time for booking dec 2017'would be?