Days ranch- how does it all work?

Started by Loopylou532, June 08, 2016, 12:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loopylou532

This year were going on 12th dec til 16th dec with our 11 month old, 7year old, and mums- so 6 of us.

We were originally going to cheyenne however I'm now looking at the ranch.

Due to taking the mums were not getting a meal plan as it's our treat and we're breaking the bank booking it as it is.

How does this work? It says breakfast isn't included but to book on arrival? So is that breakfast or not?

How far is it away from the park(drive wise)

Can I request a cot?

Are they nice?

Does it have a pool?

Any information would be great as I don't know anything about it.

ChipandDale99

Breakfast isn't included unless you pay extra. But if you're trying to save money it isn't worth it. It's a box with some bread rolls, croissants, spreads and cans of juice. It would be better to take your own stuff or buy out there.  :)
It is about 10-15 mins away from the park 5 mins of that is driving to the exit of the ranch.
It does have a pool and in my opinion the best pool out of all the hotels.
The cabins are nice we didn't spend that much time in them but it didn't feel too cramped with 5 of us.
I don't know about the cot but I'm sure they will have them.
Check out the Davy Crockett information thread for some other details about it.
Enjoy!  :)

Karen101

cant help as we haven't stayed there but have heard good things about it :)

just so you know there is no transportation from the DCR to the parks so your only option is to drive, just in case you weren't aware of this.

Samninetysix

We've stayed at DCR 8 times and love it. Forget the breakfast, it's pretty crap for what they charge, there are a couple of decent supermarkets in Bailly Romainvilliers and Magny-Le-Hongre, both en route to and from the parks, easy to get to without the stress of shopping at the Auchan in Val d'Europe. We've actually had whole days in a cabin without venturing into the parks, BBQ, using the very excellent pool etc. I'd say it's a 10 minute drive tops to the DLP main car park. If you're on a really tight budget consider pre making a couple of evening meals (spaghetti bolognese etc), freezing them down and putting them in a cold box/bag, even if they defrost by the time you get to the ranch you can put them straight in the fridge when you get there. Same goes for taking some provisions from home for packed lunches etc when you're in the parks, making sandwiches for lunches can easily save you €100+ for the duration of your stay. Not really sure about the cot but I'd guess there would something available like that, email guest relations.