Some advice, if possible?

Started by Steph, May 17, 2016, 11:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steph

Hello.

We are planning our second family trip to DLP, first was a few years ago & stayed at the lovely Disneyland Hotel. This time, it will be a much more low key affair...just a day visit while we are in Paris. That said, we still want to get as much as possible from it! For that reason, I wonder if anyone can offer advice on any of the following?

1. Our date options are Wed 27/07, Thurs 28/07 or Friday 29/07. I know it is going to be mad busy any day, but which may be best in your opinion? I have looked at the calendar on http://www.ooparc.com/fr/177-Parc_Disneyland/Infos/Frequentation/, and it suggests Friday as best...I would have thought it the busiest!

2. My 8yo daughter would LOVE to take part in Jedi Training Academy, but I have not told her about it yet - concerned it will be over subscribed, and I would have a very disappointed Padawan on my hands. I have read everything I can find on it - is it true that, initially, only the adult needs to queue up to register/book a slot? At least that way, her dad can take her elsewhere and I can try to book. We don't have access to Early Magic Hours, so am concerned the queue will be full by the time I can join it. Any other wise tips/helpful advice???

Sorry, know this is long, but I rely on this forum & appreciate everything I read - for the last trip & now this.

Thank you!

samuelvictor

From my experience, Wednesday would definitely be the least busy day with less queuing :)

As for the Jedi Training academy, I'd like to know this myself but I'm afraid I can't help.  :-[

polar vixen

sadly if you only have one day I'd recommend against it.  lat time we queued during early morning hours to ferry a guaranteed pace for an hour then we had to go back at 10 wands queue again to get a time slot.  this took another hour. then we had to arrive back 30 minutes before the show. yes ours really good fun but wr list almost tge entire morning to it.  another option is to check 30 empires before one if tge performances to see if anyone booked in hasn't turned up for it. ..

Steph

samuelvictor and Polar Vixen - I really appreciate your time and advice. My hope is that I can do most of the queuing (hence my question on whether or not you had to have the rugrat with you), while she has fun elsewhere. I guess we will see on the day (most likely Wednesday, thanks for that), but I honestly think it would make her year!

polar vixen

sorry forgot to say cold doesn't need to be present for the first queue but does for the second.

ChipandDale99

When we stayed in February on week days the Jedi training had sold out by around 11:30 in the morning. You would need to go and queue practically first thing at 10:00. Like  Polar vixen said it does take up quite a portion of the day. But looks really good. So you may just want to plan exactly what rides you want to go on so no time is wasted.

dlpowl

'Sold out'?  Is Jedi Academy not free?  I hope it is cos I have 3 kids desperate to take part in it.

ChipandDale99

Sorry not best choice of words. It is free just all the spaces were gone by that time.

dlpowl

Aaah, thank you, no worries!  Just had a little panic moment there!  Started to think I'd need another €300 or something!  Hahaaaa! ;)

Steph

Thanks to everyone, a huge help. I am totally comfortable with going there first thing and queuing like a numpty by myself, would just be so amazing to get her a slot. And I agree, ChipandDale99 - I need a plan of attack for the rest of the day.

One more question, if I may...does anyone know an approximate walking time from Videopolis to Crush's Coaster???

lindavdende

Depends on hoe fast you walk. I can do it in 10 min. But i walk fast and no kids.
Just in case you didnt know:it's in the other park

marf91

Quote from: Steph on May 18, 2016, 03:12:07 PM
Thanks to everyone, a huge help. I am totally comfortable with going there first thing and queuing like a numpty by myself, would just be so amazing to get her a slot. And I agree, ChipandDale99 - I need a plan of attack for the rest of the day.

One more question, if I may...does anyone know an approximate walking time from Videopolis to Crush's Coaster???

With my family that walk would take approximately 20 mins. It is moving into the Studios park :)
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

grovesie

When we did the WDW Jedi training the kids taking part had to be present during the registration. I would check this before splitting up. Not sure if  DLP is different

Steph

Thanks again, everyone - I feel a little more prepared now