Where would you take a Disneyland Newbie first??

Started by Mushu_Stitch, May 12, 2016, 06:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushu_Stitch

Hi all! So more than anything I'm just curious about everyone's opinion...

At the end of the month me and my boyfriend are going to DLP. I've been a couple of times before and love it there but my boyfriend has never been. He's always wanted to and to say he's extremely excited is an understatement  :D

As our trip is getting close I've been thinking a lot about where I want to take him first and I can't decide because there's loads of awesome things I want to show him.

So here's the question... If you were going with a Disneyland newbie, where would be the first place you would take them? Or would you not take them anywhere and let them discover it all for themselves?

daddyof2

This is not an easy question to answer, but depending on what time you arrive and how long your visit will be, I really do think main St USA and up to the castle is a great introduction. Yes, the exciting rides are further in but I love the feel of main St and all the stores. Yes, I know that's how everyone gets into the park but so many people just dash through to get to BTM or space mountain, or Peter pans flight, etc. Let him soak up a bit of Disney atmosphere then go watch the parade or go on a ride with a short queue

rebecca20

Definitely down main street to see the castle! The first stop for me after that is Discoveryland.

Although on the one trip I stayed in Sequoia rather than DLH we did the Studios first because the waits were so low we couldn't walk past knowing Crush was 25 minutes!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

bad-pink-tink

I did this with my mum, Christmas 2013. Im a Disney Parks fanatic but my mum has just been to Walt Disney World on our family holiday way back in 1992.

The first thing I did was get The Brits Guide Book to DLP and gave it to her a few weeks before our trip. I had marked in it rides I thought she would like, and rides which she should avoid. It also has park maps and I went through these with her to orientate her.

On our arrival day, I just used the time to get her orientated. We had a meal booked in Plaza Gardens and before our meal we just had time to have a look on Main Street and watch the parade.

After our meal, I gave her a quick overview of the park, showed her the layout, got her familiar with the Disney lingo and terms. We went on Pirates and Haunted Mansion and saw Dreams.

For the rest of the days, we would do EMH, my mum LOVED Buzz , lol and then split up until lunch, after lunch do something, then split up until our evening meal.

My mum likes to do things slower than me, she loved browsing in the shops and took far more photos than I did, whereas I go go go from ride to ride all day.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

polar vixen

Definitely start with the parade! B nothing better to get you in the Disney mood

samuelvictor

Personally, I would walk down main street, through the castle (or maybe up to the castle and then to the dragon underneath) then through to Pirates of the Carribean. Its a really great ride plus you go past lots of fantastic theming on the way to it so it would give a really good introduction as to what to expect :) Have a great trip, I'm sure he'll love it!

disneymagic006

There's so many things to see and wonderful places to visit but I too agree with all the above. Disneyland Park, soaking up Main Street and the castle. If it's parade time then that's a bonus as the music and characters really bring out that Disney magic.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

TikiRosita

I think nothing is better than a stroll down main street to the castle, taking it all in! And then go see the dragon and walk through the castle before doing anything else :P

I'm taking my best friend for the first time in October. I'm planning on doing the classic/magical things first - dragon, castle, carousel, then Snow White/Peter Pan's Flight. Then do It's a Small World and Storybookland boats.
Disneyland Paris - Feb 2014 / Hong Kong Disneyland - November 2015 / Walt Disney World - March 2016 / Disneyland Paris - October 2016

stormflm595

i always always always start with Tower of Terror. you get to see most of the Studios and the castle and BTM and the thrill you get really gets me into that Disney adventure mood! :D
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

seraphelle

I'm going for one day with my best friend in August, she hasn't been since she went with our secondary school in 1994 and she was on crutches at the time and could barely do anything 'fun'.

I haven't got a plan as such, but I'd love for her to experience Phantom Manor and Pirates, and I think she'd get a kick out of Buzz. Neither of us are particular into scary rides, so Space Mountain / Indiana Jones aren't really our thing. I don't think BTM or Thunder Mesa will be open then or I'd have made our way there first.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019