Any hidden gems??

Started by Vikkilou, May 01, 2016, 08:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

Quote from: Ohana on May 03, 2016, 10:48:34 AM
There are the characters from Up on a boat in a stream somewhere but I'm unsure where as I didn't find it last time. Going to hunt for it this time.

Carl and Russell were by the water outside Colonel Hathis but best seen from the island opposite. I think I read they were removed though

Vikkilou

Quote from: Ohana on May 03, 2016, 10:48:34 AM
There are the characters from Up on a boat in a stream somewhere but I'm unsure where as I didn't find it last time. Going to hunt for it this time.

I saw them sure it was when I was on the steam boat but I think it's put of action for a bit this year
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

samuelvictor

You can also get a good view of the "Up" characters from the SFR Treehouse, if memory serves correctly, that's where I first noticed them and took a picture! That was in Jan 2015, don't know if they are still there, but I don't know why they would have been moved.

loupenny

In Adventureland there is a kiosk selling drinks and snacks with a whole pile of junk next to it, crates and maybe even a jeep if I remember right. I think it was quite close to Colonel Hathis...

Anyway there's a beaten up coca-cola cool box in amongst the junk, if you open it up you'll hear something fun!

Pick up one of the telephones around mainstreet as well and you can listen in on the party line! There's one in the barbers and I'm not sure where else.

We did a walking tour and it was absolutely fab for those kind of things and the history of the park I just wish I'd written them all down straight after as I can't remember them off the top of my head... oh well guess I'll have to do another tour!
In the past - Disneyland Hotel, New York, New Port Bay (DLP) Caribbean Beach (WDW) and AP holder at Tokyo Disney.
Recent Years - Kyriad - 2011
Santa Fe - 2015
Dream Castle, B&B hotel, Air BnBs - 2017

samuelvictor

Wow those are greast tips Lou! Didn't know any of those!  :o

Ohana

Not exactly a gem but today I noticed the manhole covers in Place Du Remy had little pictures of Remy on them. It's incredible the kind of detail you can so easily miss, the other day we spent most of EMH just walking around main street looking at everything and listening to all of the sound effects, I loved the sound of the piano lessons :D
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

samuelvictor

That's awesome - yeah Main Street and Place du Remy both have fantastic attention to detail! :)

15stitch

Despite my many visits I've still not been up in the castle or under it to visit the dragon.  I was determined to do it this time and once again didn't!  One year I will make it!  :D
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

ZoeG

OOOOhhh

Can someone tell me where the sword in the stone is??

Last year was our first time, going again in August, for a bit longer this time so we will be able to take it a bit slower! :)

rebecca20

Directly behind the castle! Unless your there for Halloween in which case it disappears for maleficent meet and greet
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Sugaroo_

People tend to overlook the walk-through attractions - the Dragon, Aladdin, Nautilus, Legends of the Wild West & my personal fav Boot Hill Cemetary (you can hear a heart beating in the big sarcophagus :o ). Also I've never gone up the bridge over Frontierland's entrance. I've read but don't know if you can actually go out onto the balcony of the Castle. If possible I would love to do that! Outside Victoria's restaurant on Main Street you can hear the tenant upstairs washing up - humming and gargling - super cute. Lastly for our first 3 trips we never rode the Railway, we thought it was just a way of getting around the park - big mistake! It's an attraction in itself!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

bad-pink-tink

Just a note, many of the hidden gems mentioned in this thread are currently closed or not available

The following are not available

Boot Hill Cemetary
The Disneyland Train
Swiss Family Tree House
The UP Characters at the river
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

daddyof2

Yes, you definitely can go out on the balcony of the castle. I still love the fact that one of the first things we did when we first took our kids in 2014 was go on the railroad. It was afternoon so fairly quiet and we were able to get on at Main St and go the whole way round

Thaliel

Something we used to completely neglect was Autopia. But after we gave it a try a few years ago, it is one of our must-go's
Same goes for Stitch live, we enjoy that a lot, even though being way above the target age
As far as eating goes, the Croque monsieur found at market deli and blockbuster café has proven to be a filling and tasty snack
<-Plz click

Ohana

I was wondering why I couldn't find Boot Hill cemetery! Boooo haha. Today I discovered the waterfall at the bottom of the castle and a wishing well... I'm sure there's still so much more I've not seen!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel