BTM alternatives?

Started by Dinosaurs, March 31, 2016, 08:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the most intense?

Indiana Jones
Space Mountain
Crush's coaster

rebecca20

I would say she will definitely like Crush - at age 7 it's old enough to go single rider and have seen plenty of younger children ride with parents, as already mentioned I really don't think it's much of a thrill ride - I've never even classed it as a 'coaster' despite it's name. Also to give some idea my Mum who HATES rides and has to pluck up courage for POTC because of the drop, likes Crush...

If she's a daredevil I would say Indiana is the next one to go for, SM last as I've already said it's quite bumpy and really hurt my neck and head leaving me quite shaken (to the extent I haven't ridden since) which is most unlike me as I will go on anything.

Indiana has one loop but it's not a 'fast' coaster. Rock n Rollercoaster is my all time favourite rollercoaster so if you ever go when it's open I would definitely recommend it!

RC Racer for me is the only ride that gives me that knot in bottom of stomach feeling but that's because it's outside (so you can see whats happen unlike with TOT) but also the back and forwards motion is my least favourite. That said I still go on it.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

fairymom

Quote from: Karen101 on April 03, 2016, 04:39:32 PM
My daughter will be 7 in May and we are going in June .... Do you think she will like Crush? We never managed it last time, we did do ToT with her, she was 5 and she insisted - daredevil child I have - and she enjoyed it and she love BTM which won't be open sadly when we are there ...

I was thinking Indiana jones and space mountain would be a little too much since they go upside down am I right ?

She is very tall for her age so that won't be the issue :) I just don't want her terrified haha

My son did it for the first time when he was 6.5 yrs and he's a bit of a scaredy cat. He just said it was 'freaky' when we got off and he happily did it again last year when we went (age 10) so no residual trauma, lol.
My DD is the daredevil and did Crush, ToT, RnR coaster... was upset she wasn't tall enough for SM and she did RC Racer on her own when the rest of us were too chicken to get on. Last summer, age 8.

Sugaroo_

Dinosaurs: Is it the height that makes you uncomfortable with the drops, or the heart in throat sensation? Indi isn't all that tall for an outdoor roller coaster, so the drop isn't that crazy, but super fun! Crush on the other hand has a huuuge drop, right after the shark scene. I'm surprised some of you haven't noticed it! But you're in the dark and have no perception of height, so the thrill is just the speed and the feeling in your stomach. So it really depends on what bothers you most. If height isn't an issue you'll love Indi!   
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Dinosaurs

I dont mind being up high its the falling sensation Im afraid of. I tried Indy and After the first drop I was mad At myself but the rest of the ride was so great I loved it! Perhaps my favorite coaster Ive ever done! I keep chickening out of space mountain tjough.
The drop on Indy was 26 ft. Its about as big of a drop as I am currently willing to do. If anyone can find the measurements for how tall the biggest drop in SM is Id greatly appreciate it. Tomorrow is my last day at the park so its now or never :)

Zee79

The version in the USA says 26ft, I'm struggling to find it on the DLP ride just says it has 3 inversions compared to the others. When I use to go on it I never really felt the drops, felt a few loops etc as it was going fast, it was the darkness  that got to me haha. I thought aerosmith was far better.

twentythingamabobs

I've never felt any drops in either Space Mountain or RnRc, just speed and a few inversions but nothing that will put a rumbly in your tumbly  ;D