Where to book?

Started by Muminoz, April 26, 2016, 12:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muminoz

So, since booking our last trip in 2011 it appears people have found that different countries give different deals. So I ask, who has booked through another countries page?
What address did you put and country?
Any issues if payment card was not for that country?

TIA
Muminoz

stifle

I have booked through Ireland and France. No card issues. They do not mail anything out.

Legomam

Hello!
I booked our first trip just last night and we got a great deal on the German site. I used the live chat to check if we could book from another country and the lady said no problem!. I left Germany as the country and put my own country in the other address box.
I paid in full and got a confirmation email, which you print out and bring to the hotel. The park tickets & all other documents are given to you at the hotel.
I hope you find a great deal too! :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi, yes we booked our December 2015 trip using French offer "under 12s go free + 35% of hotel" the saving was incredible compared to the current UK + free half board (which we never want meal plan personally anyway) we didn't do it online, but by telephone. I did input our dates, hotel choice ever and wrote down the figure called DLP on the phone number of the site and when getting through to the agent simply said I wanted to book the French offer, but based in UK. She replied "great no problem" & shortly after we paid over the phone and the confirmation email arrived shortly after. This was all in French but of course you can still clearly see dates of travel hotel and park passed included no problems whatsoever! She was very helpful and ensured we got s disabled room for my little boy and covered everything to make us feel at ease, I always book over the phone it just gives peace of mind I think especially if not done it before.

It's not always cheaper to book with a specific country so worth checking others too as for some would prefer the meal plan some wouldn't so it's what works out good value for you as a family? We don't spend that much on dinners as take a lot of our own bits and bobs, my son is super fussy too. Because the UK site is usually only kids free under 7, and French is free under 12s (a lot) the price comparison is usually at least £300 which for 4 nights is more than the amount we'd spend on food for us two.

Another thing to account for is your bank may charge a small fee for paying in euros, you can ask this prior to doing the booking. Mind for the entire holiday didn't amount to very much at all less than £20 I think. Plus you have to pay in full if doing a crossover offer. Good luck hope you find the right offer for you let us know when you book!  :)

Muminoz

Wow, thanks that's great. So where do I find the country sites?

daddyof2

If you know what country site you want to visit, you can just change the website country suffix, so instead of disneylandparis.co.uk, I can change that to Disneylandparis.fr for the French site, for example. I think there's another way of selecting your country using the desktop site, but if you're using your mobile browser, you can change your country from the main menu "sidebar". I'm on my mobile right now and can do that

Muminoz

Thanks for your help, I am going to have a look at those now and see if any have good offers I can note.

littlebitofpixiedust

"Google it" I just type Disneyland Paris and the country after and it comes up put your dates in write down the total in which ever currency exchange it into gbp and you can compare a few sites this way to see which is cheapest or best value for the package you want

Muminoz

Had a look on France, Germany, Netherlands and UK. UK had the best offers at the moment. I can't actually book until December 2017 comes out so lots of time to research!!

msRavenswood

If you're interested in 35% off plus free half board keep an eye on the UK site next February, that's when this offer will be available for 2017.

Muminoz

Wow that's an awesome deal, is that available from Feb or for 2017? As we plan to arrive Dec 2017... That would save heaps.
How do you know??

polar vixen

I've gone through so many that my brain is fried.  does anyone know if there's another country currently offering 30 percent off and free half board?  given how many kids I have I'm now gOing to need to rooms and I'll be taking the kids alone this time so really need to get the price as low as possible?
abd when e30 percent of abd free food starts in Feb ours for sorting/summer.  they bring tge offer back late Sep/early Oct for the winter season.  our have previously anyway.