Halloween/Christmas decorations

Started by PrincessAnnaBrenno, April 21, 2016, 10:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessAnnaBrenno

Hello all! New here  :)

Trying to plan a trip for later this year, first time taking hubby to Disneyland Paris. We went to Florida in 2012 (pre kids) and he really didn't want to go other than for the food but was eventually won round. Now I want to introduce him to Paris as it was the one that I loved when I was little. We have two small children but are thinking of doing a long weekend, just the two of us, to introduce him to it first and show him it's worth it. Doing it as cheap as possible, so staying off site and probably looking at getting an RER pass for the few days we are there because he thinks we should see the city of Paris while we are there (I would skip it and just do that parks but... you've got to give a little!)

So I'm currently looking at flight prices from the UK and my best options are early October, early November or early December. I'm not fussed about seeing the Halloween decorations but I know they will be up during October and November. October we are more likely to get better weather (slightly!)

My question is, when do the Halloween decorations come down? If we were to go on, say, the 3rd December, would they have changed to Christmas yet or not?

Thanks in advance!  :)

Ohana

Think the Christmas decos go up in the second week of November so they'd deffo be up if you go in December :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

PrincessAnnaBrenno

Thank you! That's great to hear!

I think the Christmas decs are more magical so will likely help my cause in winning him round. Might have to wrap up a bit warmer but will be lovely to see the Christmassy things.

daddyof2

As a father of small children, it's definitely worth doing. Our 2 children were 4 and 2 when we went the first time

Ohana

Christmas IS absolutely magical, the castle glistens even during the day, Main Street is filled with Christmas music (even music from the muppets Christmas carol haha), Disney dreams of Christmas is incredible and they even have German market stalls in the village. I definitely recommend Disney at Christmas :)
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

seraphelle

Obviously I can only speak from experience and personal taste, but the first time we went, we went during Hallowe'en season and it was so good we went again the following year.
I love Christmas there but there is something extra special about Hallowe'en.

RE seeing Paris aswell during your trip, I have planned to do that every trip....I'm yet to make it  ;D Can't tear myself away! xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

PrincessAnnaBrenno

Thanks guys! I've been during Halloween once before and wasn't that fussed so would like to see the Christmas decorations.

With regards to visiting Paris while we're there - it's my husband's one condition of the trip! It's a city he's never seen so he wants to tick it off :-( If it was up to me, I'd be in the parks every day!

Ohana

I've planned to do a Paris visit on my trip this year... Maybe see if you can persuade him to let you do extra magic hours before you set off ;) I'm actually really excited about our Paris excursion, it feels rude not visiting the city of lights when we're a stones throw away, plus I just want to sing Out There outside Notre Dame :D we only didn't go into Paris last time as we flew out just days after the attacks had happened so we're definitely eager to do it this time round!
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

PrincessAnnaBrenno

Yes, Notre Dame is one of my only reasons for agreeing!!  ;)

Think we've settled on December now. Won't be able to do EMH first because we're probably staying off-site to save money. Unless I suddenly come into a lot of money very quickly, we're looking at staying at Sejours & Affaires Rive Gauche Serris, so I will be making us eat at Disney Village even on the non-Disney days to get my Disney fix! Although I've heard food in Paris city centre can be quite spectacular.

glenn

Taking someone for the first time with all the ride closures isn't,t the best idea to get them to love dlp,but going
during both seasons does give you a lot do to without the rides.
If I had to choose one it would be Christmas,just magical that time of year,plus hot chestnuts in the village.