Weather in December?

Started by Cork girl, April 03, 2016, 12:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cork girl

Hi gang, not sure if I'm doing the right thing in separating out my questions so sorry if I'm wrong!

Looking at booking early Dec to experience the magic. First time visiting with three kids. Just wondering what the weather is typically like at this time of year. If it is raining will we be very limited?

Thanks!

CitrusZing

Hi.

You can look at last year's December weather (plus historical averages) for the Marne la Vallee area here: http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/marne-la-vallee/77601/month/181601_pc?monyr=12/01/2015

If it rains then just carry on  :). You can still ride the rides in the rain and a lot of them are undercover. If you want to hide from the rain then you could always go and get a hot drink somewhere to wait it out. Bare in mind that a lot of people will do that so the restaurants will be busier but the rides slightly quieter.

When we go during the winter, I always go with the assumption that it will be chilly and it's going to rain at least once whilst we are there. Make sure you take a rain coat/mac/poncho with you. I always take a fold-up one with me.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Cork girl

Sounds perfect! Thanks, I was afraid that it might rain like it does here, I.e.not in showers but more of an all day occurance. I don't mind us getting wet at all, just wasn't sure if things ran on or not. Thanks for the info!

onceuponadream

We went last year and it was incredibly mild. I think we were lucky but we actually found that we were too warm in all the layers we'd packed! It rained a couple of times - once pretty heavily - but we just found somewhere to shelter until it was over. It was so good that we're going back in December this year... ;D
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

Zee79

You can never know the weather in France. We went one December & it was 10deg & only got chilly late on the evening, went in the summer the following year & got soaked with torrential rain & it was chilly. As long as you pack for all eventualities you should be OK, layers, hat scarf,gloves etc.

Cork girl

Thanks for the info everyone, will check accuweather before we go anyway but good to know for now that it should be fine.

stifle

As a fellow Corkonian you will understand when I say the weather in DLP in December is usually grand, fresh and soft.

Samanthad

Much like the weather in England whereby you can never quite tell what it is going to do!
:-) Not much help there!!
I always pack for a combination of weathers and layers are your best friend! My kids wear ski jackets (mickey ones of course  ;D) that time of year as we stay in the park morning until night and I don't want them to be cold, we also bring lightweight waterproof jackets incase it is mild but wet. If you have a stroller perhaps a couple of blankets - blankets have always come in handy on our trips, even if they are being used to sit on the pavement waiting for the parade to stop your backside from freezing!!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

Cork girl

Quote from: stifle on April 21, 2016, 08:50:33 AM
As a fellow Corkonian you will understand when I say the weather in DLP in December is usually grand, fresh and soft.
Grand fresh and soft...we can do that! Was panicking that it might be 12inches of snow and rides would be shut down! Thanks for the reassurance :-)

Cork girl

Quote from: Samanthad on April 21, 2016, 04:05:49 PM
Much like the weather in England whereby you can never quite tell what it is going to do!
I always pack for a combination of weathers and layers are your best friend! My kids wear ski jackets (mickey ones of course  ;D) that time of year as we stay in the park morning until night and I don't want them to be cold, we also bring lightweight waterproof jackets incase it is mild but wet. If you have a stroller perhaps a couple of blankets - blankets have always come in handy on our trips, even if they are being used to sit on the pavement waiting for the parade to stop your backside from freezing!!
We won't be bringing stroller, youngest is four since March, but great idea regarding blankets and layers! Haven't booked in bags with aerlingus, five of us wil have 10kg each so should be plenty room....we will wear the big jackets flying!

pasxalis1987

Erm....Judging by me last three visits....it should be cloudy.....and rainy.
Especially during our last visit, which was last December, for 4 days it was all cloudy and it war raining for 3-4 hours per day.

Samanthad

Quote from: Cork girl on April 22, 2016, 12:15:05 PM
We won't be bringing stroller, youngest is four since March, but great idea regarding blankets and layers! Haven't booked in bags with aerlingus, five of us wil have 10kg each so should be plenty room....we will wear the big jackets flying!

Our son is 4 and walks everywhere at home, but a stroller for us is essential in DLP... you will see people hiring strollers for 8 year olds!!!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Cork girl

Quote from: Samanthad on April 25, 2016, 05:48:55 PM

Our son is 4 and walks everywhere at home, but a stroller for us is essential in DLP... you will see people hiring strollers for 8 year olds!!!

Ya know, no harm to bring it! Thanks for that, really hadn't even considered it.

Cork girl

Quote from: pasxalis1987 on April 25, 2016, 01:49:38 PM
Erm....Judging by me last three visits....it should be cloudy.....and rainy.
Especially during our last visit, which was last December, for 4 days it was all cloudy and it war raining for 3-4 hours per day.
Thank you for that...great to know!

Samanthad

Quote from: Cork girl on April 25, 2016, 09:04:14 PM
Quote from: Samanthad on April 25, 2016, 05:48:55 PM

Ya know, no harm to bring it! Thanks for that, really hadn't even considered it.

You can hire strollers but I think they are about 15 euros a day to hire, but if you have a small child or baby strollers travel for no extra cost in the hold, so it might be worth it! It's up to each family I suppose but I would probably not have bothered either before...since going a few times this year I definitely will continue to bring one for at least another year or so! :-) Plus you get the benefit of being able to load it up with your bags!! I hope you have a great trip!!