September 2016 Visit Questions

Started by dss174, March 29, 2016, 07:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dss174

Hello,

I'll be visiting the resort for one day only on Friday September 16.  We plan on visiting both parks that day.  I am a Disney fanatic and would like to experience most of the rides. Do you believe this will be possible with the business level that day?  Also, if the opportunity arises to purchase a VIP Fastpass ticket, should I?  Is it worth the purchase of the VIP Fastpass or will attraction lines be short enough that it's probably not necessary?

This very well may be a once in a lifetime visit and I want to experience as much as possible that day.

Thank you,
Dave

dss174

I would purchase a VIP Fastpass via eBay.

rebecca20

Please don't purchase the VIP fastpass they don't work anymore and CMs won't allow them.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

dss174

Oh really?  Thank you very much for the warning!  I was set to purchase the VIP pass someone has for sale on eBay. 

With that said, I've looked at the charts and whatnot, but does everyone feel I can manage to visit most of the attentions between both parks in one day, Friday Sept 16? 

I would want to hit all the majors except Lights/Motors/Action and crush's (if the line is too long).

Dave

littlebitofpixiedust

It shouldn't be busy that day however 2 parks in one day will be tricky, so plan your "must dos" check the attractions prior to your visit as some will be down for refurbishment.

Take snacks/drinks for throughout the day this saves time and if possible book cafe mickey or inventions for the evening after the fireworks I you would like to meet characters? The lines in the park can be long. The parade is usually around 5pm in the main park. I'd start in the studios as there's probably less to do, start with ratatouille. Then when your done spend the rest of the day in the main park, see the parade and Disney dreams at park closing.

As posted above those fast passes are not accepted now, you can only get them by staying in Certain suites at the Disney hotels. You won't need it I'm sure and you can use your entry ticket to use regular fast pass (one attraction a time) you scan your ticket and get a return time slot to go back and use the fast pass line. In my experience I've never used it on a weekday in September it's usually generally quite quiet so good luck and have a magical time!

dss174

Thank you!  I'm a Disney nut in that I've been to Disneyland and WDW several times and even interned at WDW for a semester.

Characters and parades do not concern me.  I'm interested in pretty much all the rides though with the exceptions of things like Dumbo, Orbitron, tea party, etc.  I definitely need to hit the majors, all dark rides and Paris-only attractions.  I've managed to hit much of Cali Adventure and Dland in a day before and am hoping to do the same here.  It's unfortunate that BTMRR will be down.  I've done the new Star Tours so I'll live without that. 

Does the train really have long queues?  The guide on this page says to anticipate 60 min waits?!  Is that a function of the refurbishment of stations or is the train looked at as more of a ride than just transportation?

Dave

Zee79

People do see it as a ride. We finally got to ride it in 2012 afters years visiting & trying. We arrived for EMH & just waited for it to open.

stifle

Yes people see the railroad as a ride rather than a means of transport. It is occasionally useful to ride from Fantasyland to Discoveryland during Disney's Magic on Parade as you can get stuck on the wrong side of the parade route.

Based on the requirements you've put out, I would suggest focusing in the Studios on Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy (both Paris only) plus RC Racer (only Paris and HK). These all have single rider lines if that is helpful to you. On a one-day visit I would not recommend Moteurs! Action! Stunt Show Spectaculaire avec Flash McQueen. It's a good hour-sized chunk out of your day. Armageddon Les Effets Speciaux and Studio Tram Tour Behind the Magic are below-average ride experiences; with spare time I'd sooner do The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror or Rock & Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith even though you've got both in Florida.

In Parc Disneyland, make Space Mountain Mission 2 a high priority. Despite the name, it is a substantially different experience to Space Mountains elsewhere. Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril is another ride not found in America (Tokyo DisneySea's Raging Spirits is very similar). As for the rest, the only limit is time...

Lavi

Please check a similar question and answers here:

https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=20395.0

Be at the Studios gates at 9:30, when they open the park run to Crush's coaster. (Check on an online map where it is located). Then go to Ratatouille. If you are alone, use the single rider queue, otherwise, if the regular queue is long, take a fast pass for later and then go to Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Roller Coaster. If you manage to ride Ratatouille without using a fast pass, use it for ToT.

If you are done with the Studios by noon, you may have lunch in Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village, it's not at all crowded at lunch time.

Then go to the main park and stay until Disney Dreams.

Have fun!