Davey Crockett's advice

Started by kernow, March 24, 2016, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kernow

Hi all we're staying at Davy  Crockett's in August for the first time (we stayed in a hotel last time), i am aware about driving to DLP. The wife wants to visit the Disney village and from what I have found out the main car park closes 30 mins after the park closes. So what I need to know if we wanted to visit the Disney village where can we park the car.
Any other advice would be gratefully received

Also another question may sound daft but how wooded is Davey Crockett's around the cabins, only reason for asking is the wife had a bad experience as a child which has resulted woods been a no go area. We have been told its not to bad hence why we booked for August.

Any other advice would be gratefully received

Caz

Hi kernow,
Below is a pic showing the main road through Davy Crocketts between the entrance , through past the cabins and into the Reception area. I would say that the woods are very similar around most of the cabins. It may be worth contacting Davy Crocketts directly for more advice on this if you think this will be problematic. The pathways from the cabins to the town/reception area all go through similar wooded areas. From memory there are trees and undergrowth between and especially behind the cabins for privacy. I may have some more pictures that would be helpful. Will see if I can find them. I hope that helps a bit.

Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

Caz

Just thought of something else. Take a look at google maps satellite view, lots of photos of Davy Crocketts on there also showing cabins and their surrounds.

Caz
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

kernow

Thank you Caz, I didn't think about looking on Google maps I'll also give google earth a go aswell.

DisneyMichelle

Hello.

I have stayed at Davey Crockett's many times and we have never experienced the car park closing 30 mins after the park closes, we have often gone into the village after park and spent a few hours eating and shopping and still been able to go back to car and leave the car park.

Unless this is a new change I am unaware of.

There is however a multi-storey car park at the back of Disney village but you will need to pay for this.

Hope that's helped a little. Have a fab time x
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

kernow

Thanks Disneymichelle. Wife suggested to do the early hours pop out into the village and then back to the park.

Think I'm more exited than the kids, already planning what to take.

Samninetysix

We have stayed at Davy Crocketts more times than any other Disney hotel and have never had a problem with the car park closing early. If they have changed the car park hours I suppose you could always park at one of the partner hotels and use the shuttle service to get into the village, we stayed at the new B & B Hotel last week and their shuttle runs up until midnight, a bit cheeky I know but it's a free service.

ChipandDale99

We went at the end of February and stayed in the Davy Crockett ranch. One night we went to rainforest cafe and spent a good two hours in the village after the park closed. When leaving the car park there are no barriers or anything. It's probably the entrance to the car park that closes half hour after it closes as the booths are manned.
For the woodland- each trail (group of cabins) are surrounded by trees for the ranch effect but when I stayed I didn't feel like I was in the middle of a woods. You can see other cabins all around you and the road is Tarmac which makes it feel more settled if you get what I mean? We had a great trip so I'm sure you will  ;)

kernow

Thanks chipanddale99 that's put my mind at rest. The wife has said that because we will be together at all time at the ranch she should be fine. we are staying here because it was the cheapest option for us and all so I got a good deal.

Also I relised after I posted this that the park is open past 9pm so we will be fine o go in to the village.