Best buffet for standard of food?

Started by Karmaviolet, March 22, 2016, 08:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmaviolet

Ok, while we are in Disneyland, it is going to be our 10th Wedding Anniversary.
I've booked the Cafe Mickey breakfast for the morning (as an upgrade to our Hotel breakfast, which is Cheyenne) but am trying to decide where to book for the evening meal.
We will be with our 2 small children (4 and 5), the younger of whom has special needs, so a table service meal is likely to be rather stressful (we are, however, doing ADC on another day as they are both Princess mad.... and that is serving as my 40th birthday meal, so will be getting a "cake" there, hopefully...).

We have the standard meal plan, but happy to chip in the extra to make it a decent meal.  I'm currently stuck between Cape Cod and Inventions (I know you get the characters at Inventions, but having done a Mickey breakfast, that's not really a major consideration as they'll likely be a similar cast!).

Any advice on where does the better food?  And what drinks are available? 
Thank you in advance!

bad-pink-tink

Not sure if it is on your meal plan as I pay as I go but have your thought about Restaurant des Stars in Disney Studios? Its a buffet restaurant and alot less busy than Plaza Gardens which most people go to
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

stifle

Well, Inventions is necessarily the best standard of food. The others are much of a muchness in my experience – I agree on Restaurant des Stars if it'll be open when you want to go. Parkside Diner is also a good choice.

polar vixen

We found be the standard of food at billy Bob's to be much much better than restaurant des stars. Also if you go pretty much when they open at six, fairly quiet. If you're there on a Sunday how about the brunch at inventions? Your definitely get some varied characters then as you can find out the theme before you go.

billy

the only buffet we ate in was at Hunters lodge inside Sequoia lodge hotel and it was excellent. It is a large restaurant but you can pretty much see the buffet from where ever and there is loads of choice, best to book though. We ate at both 7pm and 9pm and both times were pretty quite no queuing for food and still fresh and hot.

CitrusZing

Quote from: Karmaviolet on March 22, 2016, 08:43:28 PMWe have the standard meal plan, but happy to chip in the extra to make it a decent meal.  I'm currently stuck between Cape Cod and Inventions (I know you get the characters at Inventions, but having done a Mickey breakfast, that's not really a major consideration as they'll likely be a similar cast!).

I have had the evening buffet at both Cape Cod and Inventions. From what I remember, both were very good.

Cape Cod is cheaper than Inventions and if you are going to both Café Mickey and ADC then you will definitely get your character fix from those two.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Karmaviolet

Thank you - I think we'll go with Cape Cod.
I looked at the Inventions Brunch, but it's Cinema theme when we are there, which isn't going to give us much in terms of extra characters, just special outfits (from what I can gather). 
Might try Restaurant des Stars another day, as it won't fit on the timings for our actual anniversary. :)

rebecca20

Don't necessarily assume it will be the same cast in Cafe Mickey and Inventions.

We had Genie, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Mickey and Goofy in Inventions. I was disappointed as I wanted Minnie  :(
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

NHDisneylover

Sounds like you have already decided, but I will chime in anyway in case others read looking for ideas.  As someone upthread recommended--I think the best quality we had was a lovely meal at Hunter's Grill.  Though, honestly, we were pleasantly surprised to find all of the buffets we tried were pretty good as buffets go.

fairymom

I think it's funny because our upcoming trip is for my 40th and our 10th wedding anniversary too :)
My daughter also happens to turn 9 while we are there.