Summer fun

Started by Karen101, March 20, 2016, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen101

Hi guys

Not the first going to DLP but it will be our first time going in Summer :) Any tips?

We are going in. July and I'm aware it will be busy though we have been at the Halloween half term which was very busy as well :) at least the park will be open until 11pm so we have the time along with the extra hours ...

Any ideas on the weather from experience? I've checked the weather on line but it's always nice to hear from those who have been before ..

We are staying at the NPB so do plan on taking advantage of EMH and returning to the hotel for some swim time perhaps late afternoon before dinner to work up a hunger for dinner :).  We have full board plus which was gifted to us by my bother for bringing our Mother (like I wasn't delighted to do so anyway) so we have a lot of eating to do.

Are there lots of bugs, should I bring wasp repellant ?

fairymom

We were there at the start of August last year. We were camping so just coming in for the day but the one thing I remember most was the HEAT. It was so hot. Being from Ireland we are not used to that so it's just something to be aware of. Bring your water in with you and refill the bottles where you can.
The second thing was it was SO busy. We really just spent around 5-6 hours there at a time on different days as we have AP's, we couldn't stick it for more than that. The queues were just too long and it was hard to move around due to the sheer volume of people in the parks.
The one day we decided to get in early for EMH it was lashing rain (!) so it was extremely quiet that morning due to the rain and the earliness. We got to meet lots of characters and go on some rides like Peter Pan twice in a row.

Overall it was great, we had loads of fun and lots of happy memories. It would make me think twice about going back at a peak time again though.

Karen101

I hear you with the being from Ireland thing!! We are Meath ourselves so not used to the heat hahah

I'm hoping that with the first week in July it won't be quite as busy as August, the kids in both Ireland and the uk will only have just broken up a few days earlier ... But I'm prepared for the crowds!! I must grab water bottles from penny's to bring with us I know they have disney ones there ....