handy hints!

Started by billy, March 01, 2016, 12:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy

We are just back from an amazing 6 day trip in Disney, before we went i asked this very helpful forum loads of questions so i hope my experiences can help other people when they are planning their trip!
1. Transfers: we booked our airport transfer with Iris Shuttle, the service was excellent a private car with car seats if needed and only 130€ return. You can pay by cash or card and you dont pay until your return trip.
2. Hotel: we stayed at the Sequoia lodge, the hotel itself was great, fantastic position and the staff all really helpful. my only down point is that if you are not in a Golden Forrest room then you aren't in the main building but in an outside lodge which we found to be a bit of a pain as you had to make sure you had everything with you for the day as returning to the room wasn't really an option. Also there is no security on the lodges i thought you would have to use your room key to enter the building but you dont the door is always open. but over all a great hotel There are characters there in the mornings but we only ever saw Goofy not sure if they changed the characters or not.
3. Photopass: we bought the 49.99€ photopass as going by what other people were saying it was the way to go. However not sure I would do it again. the photo pass only works if there is an offical photographer so in the Princess Pavilion and in Mickey's house it was great but meeting the characters in the street the majority didnt have photographers so a littel disappointed on that. Mickey and Minnie did as did Princess Tiana and Buzz Lightyear but the rest didnt. For the rides it was great but to be honest if i didnt have the pass i wouldnt have purchased the ride photos.
4. Fast pass: this worked great and it tells you on your ticket when you can get your next one. Tip for Ratatouille get your fast pass as soon as you get to the studios as by 11.30 they are sold out, the same for Hollywood tower.
5. Princess Pavilion: From what others wrote regarding the Princess Pavilion and the new system to be honest i wasnt sure i wanted to go but when we did around 1.45 we only waited 30mins although the board said 45mins wait time. the CM on the door said the quietest time is between 1.30 and 2.30 (this is on a week day).
6. Rides: we found that after 3.30pm the rides were quieter and so the wait time was around 15mins. In the Magic Kingdom after 4pm or at 10am the big rides such as Pirates, Space Mountain and Orbitration the wait time was only 5mins.
7. Dates: avoid weekends if you can we were there from monday to sat and during the week it was busy but not ridiculous we found spaces for the parades easily without waiting for longer than 10 mins especially if you stand by It's a Small World, but on our last day on the Saturday the place was packed you just couldnt move for people!

I hope this helps anyone else who is planning their trip :)

Mushu_Stitch

Those are all really good tips  ;D

A hint I would recommend is for lunch to go to one of the counter service places, buy a pre-set meal for around 10-15 euros and split it. It easily splits between two adults I've found and is a great way to have a light lunch in the middle of the day. It saves money because you don't have to buy as many separate meals and is good for avoiding any stomach issues if your like me and get motion sickness which can be massively provoked after a big meal  ;D

I'd also recommend essentially covering the park backwards. A lot of people go to the rides right near the entrance at the beginning of the day and then work towards the back from there. If you start the day at the back and work forward then you can easily avoid some of the bigger queues as you're going against the flow. I was given this tip before my second visit, we tried it and it definitely works  :)

billy

thats good advice i never thought of that we generally went where we fancied.
in regards to lunch we were a bit sneaky and made a few rolls up at breakfast then bought some chips to go with them at lunch time!
;)

DisneyChris11

Some good tips there :)
The rides are a lot quieter in the evening, I would recommend doing a lot of the walk through attractions during the day at peak times such as liberty arcade, Alice's Labyrinth, the castle, la cabane des robinson etc. and then you can get lots of the big queue rides done in the evening
Definitely save Indiana jones till the evening as it usually gets huge queues during the day but is very quiet later on as it is at the back of the park.

haribosmum

We arrived on a Sunday and went into Disneyland Park, then about 6 went over to the studios (which was open till 9).  There were hardly any queues as I expect a lot of people were staying around for Dreams in the main park.  We rode Rataouille twice and Tower of Terror very quickly.  I'd definitely do a later night in the studios again.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

bad-pink-tink

My tip is to do Autopia first thing in the morning when it opens after EMH. You need to be in the park by latest 9.30am and go straight to Autopia.  This is a slow loader , with no fast pass or single rider line line so the wait time averages 40 to 60 minutes no matter what time of the day.

I joined the queue at 9.45 am and there was about 10 people before me. I was in the first rotation of cars around the track and I was out by 10.15am. When I came out I had a look at the wait time and it was already 40 minutes! So even if you were at the main gates at 10am for general opening, by the time you got to Autopia, the wait time would be 40 minutes. I didnt see it go below 30 minutes on either day
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016