where to eat

Started by jomill88, February 24, 2016, 11:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sulley15

When we went last couple of times, we tended to use the buffet as I got a very fussy eater and that she doesn't eat anything in a sauce. So we use the plaza a lot we did try to vary across other places but reverted back as wide range  of buffet choices. Plate of the day are good, sometimes hit and missed but it was nice to have something different.

Annette dinner is very good but the kids option came with something my kids not like the look of and that was salad, grated carrot and tomatoes. My kids eat veg but they don't like salad it's how the kids menu are but they are used to seeing certain things I guess.

Just look at the menus before you go, I found it helped especially with the my daughter.
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

grovesie

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on February 29, 2016, 09:38:43 AM
Inventions is buffet and has a wide range to choose from, there is a lot of seafood (I'm not a fan) but there's equally a lot of other foods to try and lots of desserts! I personally don't go for the food I go for the atmosphere and character interaction.

I don't typically like buffets I prefer table service where I can choose something myself from a menu rather than picking bits from a buffet, but in saying that I'm extremely fussy and it doesn't help that 2 years ago I suffered severe food poisoning (from chicken) not from inventions. So now I'm very wary about eating meat such as pork/chicken. I do try to eat more vegetarian type food or have beef.

Planet Hollywood I have always enjoyed the food and we've been visiting 17 years in total and always are here every trip. My favourite is King Ludwigs and every trip we also visit here aswell, my son loves there chicken pops! (Like kfc popcorn chicken but better)

It's really hard to say who will like what because everyone is so different. My whole family love inventions food but they're not as picky as I am and really rate it, my dad I don't think has ever ate so many prawns! ::)

Ludwigs is our favourite too. Never had a bad meal there and totally agree about the chicken pops. Our starter normally comprises of a few chicken pops, onion rings and wedges. Ludwigs + Happy  ;D ;D ;D ;D. Remember that Ludwigs will give you a voucher for 20% off at Rain forest, and Rainforest will do the same for Ludwigs.

rebecca20

Hope nobody minds me asking: any opinions on California Grill? I've been debating for years now whether to try. I would obviously priorities times with free premium vouchers.

Also if it says restaurants hours 9-4pm. Does that mean last sitting at 4 or vacating the restaurant at 4?
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

cjebs

I ate there on our first night at DLH as we had driven over that morning and spent all day in the park, we hadn't even considered it normally as its mega expensive but we had the Premium HB vouchers to use so there were set menus you could chose from which made it a good deal as the equivalent price was like 90 euro PP otherwise.

The food was amazingly good but was quite rich, so much so my 12yo who wolfed down 3 courses was sick in the night as the massive slab of chocolate cake polished off his small stomach  8) luckily this didn't happen at any of the other 3 course meals we had over the next 5 days think it was just a shock to his system.

I had some crazy dessert that had smoke or something coming out of it.

We had a really late sitting around 9ish, we could see the fireworks for Dreams as we had desserts.

its one of the best restaurants there but is very very expensive and wouldn't eat there again unless I was staying in DLH again which wont be happening likely as we only stayed there by chance when they upgraded us from SL to DLH for 4 nights!!

rebecca20

Thanks cjebs.

I usually stay in DLH so premium vouchers are usually the norm on trips, we never get our moneys worth though (i.e. we get them free I would never pay for them)!

Might give it a go this time and see what it's like!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.