Newport Bay Compass Club

Started by DisneyEverywhere, February 22, 2016, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyEverywhere

Has anyone upgraded to the Compass Club before?

Anyone know the rough price to upgrade and is it worth it? I'm swayed by the hot breakfast (always thinking with my tummy!!)

Karen101

I haven't stayed with the compass club before however we are booked to stay there in July. 

The hot breakfast and snacks seem like a nice additional extra and for us since we are going in busy July the private check in seems like a good bonus also.

I have been keeping an eye on trip advisor and the joe thing that in have noticed is that lots of people comment on the breakfast with the regular rooms, not the quality of the continental which is dandy it the fact that due it to being the biggest hotel the breakfast is always very very very busy, they don't have enough coffee machines and toasters etc so that is something else to consider.

All in all for is it was worth it, there are three adults and one child and it worked out about 500 over 5 days for 4 people extra for us but that was at the time of booking so I'm not sure what the cost of an actual upgrade is once you have booked.

shiri

We stayed in a Compass Club room at the beginning of February. The difference for us was ~ € 110 for 2 adults and a 2-year old, however, I'm fairly certain this depends on the season you go in. The DLP website should have the pricing online.

For us it was definitely worth it. The hot breakfast is delicious, you don't have to book a time slot (as opposed to regular breakfast), there was no queueing when we went (we went off-season though, this could change when it's busier), and most importantly, the almost all-day lounge access was extremely nice to have. Considering how many sweet treats and beverages we consumed, I'm fairly certain we actually saved money.

Also, it was nice to be able to just kick back and relax in the lounge. I'm not sure how much I would be willing to spend just for that, though.

Puffin

Looking forward to our first stay at Newport Bay in Compass Club. Just checking, there's no characters anymore at breakfast like there used to be at Sequoia Lodge's Forest Club?
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne