Advice - going by car for the first time

Started by dag1986, February 17, 2016, 01:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dag1986

Hi everyone,

For the first time I'll be renting a car at CDG, I gathered informations and saw that there are two different Parking areas, one by the village and the main one.

Any of you have some advices to share on which one is the best option?
I heard that while the parks' parking is free for AP holders, the village one costs something like a couple of euros per day...

I'll be staying at the kyriad hotel, do you guys drive everyday to the pros or get the shuttle anyway?
In general, any advice regarding driving in France? I know it sounds silly...

Thank you in advance!!
DLP Visits:
June 2006 - Magic Circus Hotel;
January 2013 - Cheyenne Hotel;
January 2014 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
January 2015 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
December 2015 - Kyriad Hotel;
February 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
November 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
Coming next:
November 2017 - Vienna House Dream Castle...
and counting...

NCC1701Q

Hi dag1986,

we haven been driving (from the Netherlands) for over two years (about 10 trips covering about 70 days) and we usually do the following:
- we drive to the park everyday. That way, we do not have to worry about busses not coming or being full, or the hassle with our baby-buggy;
- on week- and Saturdays we park at the Village-parking-garage: that's €2,50 per day (but only if you show your AP + parking card to the parking garage attendant after you park the car - NOT when you return to pay!);
- on Sundays the parking garage does not offer the discount and then we park on the Disney parkinglot.

Advantages of the parking garage: closer to the park and the security-check-booth is way, way less crowded than the ones covering the people coming from the big parking lot.

In general: try to adhere to the maximum speed - French do a lot of speed-controls. And don't be frightened when a motorcycle squeezes between yours and another car at full speed - they seem to know no fear :)

Samanthad

We stay offsite and drive and park in the main disneyland car park, we have never had a problem. When we have been on weekends we find that if you arrive for park opening then the car park is almost empty and we get parked in the first two rows of the car park! As AP holders it is free and very convenient as all we do is flash a pass on the way in and off we go, we don't need to worry about anything else such as paying etc. Saying that, we have never used the other parking area, but seeing as we are happy with the one we already use (and also because it's free!) we just tend to stick to what we know! If we began to have problems with queing etc we would probably look into it too, but as of yet we have been lucky! We also have two small children so it is much less stressful than worrying about transport!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

casemor

When we've stayed offsite, we park on the Disney Village car park as it saves the walk to the parks. costs around 9 euros per day.

dag1986

thank you all guys,

I'll be there tomorrow, I think I'll try both options...first the village one, as we'll go straight to the parks after renting the car, and maybe the day after we'll try the big parking area...again, thanks!
DLP Visits:
June 2006 - Magic Circus Hotel;
January 2013 - Cheyenne Hotel;
January 2014 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
January 2015 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
December 2015 - Kyriad Hotel;
February 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
November 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
Coming next:
November 2017 - Vienna House Dream Castle...
and counting...

wee1jw

Quote from: dag1986 on February 21, 2016, 11:00:31 PM
thank you all guys,

I'll be there tomorrow, I think I'll try both options...first the village one, as we'll go straight to the parks after renting the car, and maybe the day after we'll try the big parking area...again, thanks!

Hi, just interested in how it went for you? We are driving to the park in 10 days (first time) and would be grateful for your advice!

hrbx

Hi wee1jw,
Im not sure where you're from, but we've driven from the North of England to DLP three times over the last two years, and are just about to become AP holders (and will be driving plenty of times).

We tend to just get a Eurotunnel across and drive from Calais to DLP. The driving is so easy, it's literally all one big long road until you hit the surrounding DLP area.

The park is surrounded in its own village as such, all the partner hotels are very nearby and makes driving very easy. We tend to stay at the Davy Crockett Ranch all the time, and take the short drive to and from daily.

Any questions you have feel free to PM me.