No more hot breakfast at HNY

Started by Ticky, February 13, 2016, 09:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guineapig56

Hiya,
When we went last December my son loved having a cooked breakfast at HN, it also meant that he wasn't too bothered about having lunch. When I told him this morning that there won't be cooked breakfast at the hotel anymore he wondered if it would be possible to pay extra for the cooked breakfast?

Thanks

billy

in the Sequoia i've been told you can pay for cooked items so maybe they will be doing the same in th NY!

Shirley

Hi karen101
Thanks for your reply  :D We'll I'm happy to know we can still get toast. I just checked and my booking and it says continental. My booking for last year said continental also but we got the hot food so automatically assumed we'd get the same. My son likes Nutella so I guess he'll be happy enough with that on bread 😊

Shirley

Oh that would be good I wouldn't mind paying for it.

Karen101

Ah I see well guess the have just decided to make it a club level thing only then ...
That's a shame since I would have thought the 4 star would have it
I just looked at my reservation and it says American and that's for the compass club in the NPB
Either way ... Enjoy the trip hehe :)

DisneyAlba

Quote from: rebecca20 on February 13, 2016, 03:59:40 PM
I must say for a 4* hotel to not offer a hot breakfast in Europe is very very poor! Even holiday inns in the UK which are at best 3* give you a full english. Maybe other european countries won't be as fussy...

It's actually very, VERY rare to get a 'full English' breakfast in any hotel in mainland Europe. As the name suggests, it's a very British thing to want to eat sausages and beans and the likes in the morning. ;-) The hot options here usually stop after toast and eggs. So, really, you can't blame a French hotel for not offering it as standard.
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

littlebitofpixiedust

Think they'll be a lot of disappointment for those going to HNY if they expect hot items?
Now I realise what the concierge meant at the DLH last week, he said "breakfast is from 7.30" I said I thought it was 7? He said "no other hotels are cold breakfast so that's from 7" I still will go HNY despite this as we love the hotel

Karen101

Ahhh that makes sense indeed pixie :) and yeah I do agree it is a lovely hotel

We are going compass club in the NPB and that is hot breakfast ... So I wonder will that be 7.30 as well rather than 7pm.

Killiegirl

Magicbreaks got a reply from their Disney contact for me;

"From what I know we wont be downgrading the breakfast at the  New York but in fact upgrading the Newport Bay going forward."

Shirley

Quote from: Killiegirl on February 24, 2016, 03:54:21 PM
Magicbreaks got a reply from their Disney contact for me;

"From what I know we wont be downgrading the breakfast at the  New York but in fact upgrading the Newport Bay going forward."
Wowow this would be brilliant  :D

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Karen101 on February 21, 2016, 09:16:54 AM
Ahhh that makes sense indeed pixie :) and yeah I do agree it is a lovely hotel

We are going compass club in the NPB and that is hot breakfast ... So I wonder will that be 7.30 as well rather than 7pm.

Who knows what will happen to the other hot breakfast times? I guess we will hear from others soon?

Ticky

I've just had confirmation from world travelers that Disney are not down grading the breakfasts at hotel New York at all and that it was nothing more than an idea that has been dismissed. Yay!

DisneyGagaChick