Extinct attractions

Started by Rocketeer, December 08, 2015, 04:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Quote from: True-lifeadventures on January 10, 2016, 09:22:00 PM
I think Disney Village needs a massive overhaul. It looks really tacky and 90s. When you compare it to Downtown Disney and Disney Springs, it's a bit embarrassing right?
Did anyone see this article on MiceChat today? http://micechat.com/117514-inside-disneyland-paris-meeting-daniel-delcourt-deputy-ceo-operations/ Hopefully that means the Village will get a much needed facelift and modernisation.
Thanks for the link to that article! As its a subject worthy of lengthy discussion in its own right, I've started a new thread.

Hope you don't mind. :)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

True-lifeadventures

Quote from: Rocketeer on January 11, 2016, 05:06:30 PM
Quote from: True-lifeadventures on January 10, 2016, 09:22:00 PM
I think Disney Village needs a massive overhaul. It looks really tacky and 90s. When you compare it to Downtown Disney and Disney Springs, it's a bit embarrassing right?
Did anyone see this article on MiceChat today? http://micechat.com/117514-inside-disneyland-paris-meeting-daniel-delcourt-deputy-ceo-operations/ Hopefully that means the Village will get a much needed facelift and modernisation.
Thanks for the link to that article! As its a subject worthy of lengthy discussion in its own right, I've started a new thread.

Hope you don't mind. :)

Of course not!
Click the image below to visit our Vlog channel

WDW - Sept 2013. DLP - Dec 2013. DLP - Dec 2014. DLC - May 2015. DLP - Nov 2015. DLP - Jan 2016. WDW - Sept 2016

CentralPlazaPerson

Disneyland in Anaheim has it spot on with several attractions on the river at once. We could do with the Keelboats and Canoes making a return in the summer months. As far as I know, the loading bay for the canoes can still be seen beside the Indian village. 

Martyn

I'll jump on the band wagon for Splash Mountain in Frontier Land. It's need is unprecedented IMO.

Also, back on to past attractions.... Cyber Space Mountain!

mickey1980

On topic:

Adventureland Bazar walk-through was closed and made into Agrabah Café.
It featured a couple of shops in a middle eastern theme.

Nice walk-through and I kinda miss it. I enjoy the walk-throughs and hope that in future expansions they keep adding these little escapes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventureland_Bazaar
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Rocketeer

Shame I can't remember that, Adventureland Bazaar is pretty neat as it is now, so must have been great back then.

Anyone know where the Flying Carpets would have been installed if it had not been requisitioned at the eleventh hour for WDS?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mickey1980

QuoteIt has been speculated that Flying Carpets Over Agrabah was originally intended not for Walt Disney Studios Park but for Disneyland Park next door, where it could have taken residence in Adventureland just like its Florida cousin, on a vacant piece of the land between Adventureland Bazaar and Restaurant Hakuna Matata. Rumour has it that the ride was originally ordered with the intention of placing it here, but when management suddenly decided the new Studios park needed at least one family-friendly ride it was diverted at the last minute. Upon opening in 2002, Flying Carpets Over Agrabah was the only actual ride in the park, besides Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith and Studio Tram Tour, but it was not shown on any of the plans for the park until the very final blueprints.

Source: http://www.dlpguide.com/guidebook/walt-disney-studios-park/toon-studio/flying-carpets-over-agrabah/
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

haribosmum

Do they still do a Firework display round the lake by the hotels?  When I first visited (2000 ) we saw a display stood at the hotel new York end with a bonfire in the middle and boats with Mickey & Minnie in.  I've never seen anything like that again, though I haven't been at that time of year.  It was also on that trip I had a very funny night in Hurricanes.  Not that I'd be able to now I travel with children but that was a lot of fun!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Rocketeer

Quote from: haribosmum on January 19, 2016, 12:35:56 PM
Do they still do a Firework display round the lake by the hotels?  When I first visited (2000 ) we saw a display stood at the hotel new York end with a bonfire in the middle and boats with Mickey & Minnie in.
I think that must be the Bonfire Night fireworks. I didn't hear any mention of it in the last couple of years, but maybe someone else may know more.

Quote from: mickey1980 on January 19, 2016, 09:43:31 AM
QuoteIt has been speculated that Flying Carpets Over Agrabah was originally intended not for Walt Disney Studios Park but for Disneyland Park next door, where it could have taken residence in Adventureland just like its Florida cousin, on a vacant piece of the land between Adventureland Bazaar and Restaurant Hakuna Matata. Rumour has it that the ride was originally ordered with the intention of placing it here, but when management suddenly decided the new Studios park needed at least one family-friendly ride it was diverted at the last minute. Upon opening in 2002, Flying Carpets Over Agrabah was the only actual ride in the park, besides Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith and Studio Tram Tour, but it was not shown on any of the plans for the park until the very final blueprints.

Source: http://www.dlpguide.com/guidebook/walt-disney-studios-park/toon-studio/flying-carpets-over-agrabah/

Thanks for that. :)

I didn't realise there was still an expansion pad in that area of Adventureland. I think adding something there needs adding to the 'to do' list for Burbank. (Admittedly its a very long list these days!)
The Caravan Carousel from Tokyo DisneySea would fit quite nicely there.

rebecca20

I have always said that Flying Carpets is the most random placement ever!

They did used to have fireworks and boat things on the lake but I'm talking years and years ago (over 14 years).
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.