Plan of action - The Studios

Started by Woodlandgirl, January 01, 2016, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodlandgirl

I am going to DLRP in Feb - can anyone give me a plan or itinerary of how I should tour the Studios park please? Merci Buckets 😀

rebecca20

I would study the map and decide what rides you want to do first and foremost.

When I visited in October it was so quiet we did them all multiple times, the way we did things was - arrive just before opening and go to Ratatouille for a fastpass, then dash to Crush's Coaster. Once you have those out of the way it's pretty much queue at your leisure.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Woodlandgirl

That's the kind of thing I was thinking like is best strategy to go for Crush first as it doesn't have FP?? I now my boys will want to go on the parachute drop too and j don't fancy queuing ages for it! Thanks

stifle

Crush's Coaster is where you need to be first if you want to ride it and don't want to waste too much time. If you have a member who doesn't like to ride Crush that person can go and pick up FastPasses at Ratatouille.

For the rest of the day – what would you like to do? Thrill rides? Shows? Characters? Kiddie rides?

rebecca20

We found that for Crush's the queue was nearly the same pre and post getting fast passes for Ratatouille, the queue was only 35 minutes and most other rides were walk on, we did however, go on Ratatouille so much on single rider we went early one day and did Crush twice in a row (10 minute wait first time and 30 the next). It definitely depends on when you go / how long you are there for (we mixed both parks on every day we were therein October).

Parachute Drop in June was insanely long (like 55 minutes when Crush was still only 65) so maybe do that after Ratatouille and Crush. ToT can also be a long wait but again fast passes are available and tend not to go as quickly as Ratatouille.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Woodlandgirl

Thanks guys great suggestions I've just measured my boys 5&8 and the youngest will prob be too short for some of the thrill rides so I think I'll send him off to get FP with my partner whilst I take 8yr old on crush - then I can judge it for the youngest for another morning?? I haven't told them we are going yet so when we get there they will no doubt have an opinion of what they don't want to miss 😆. Based on queue times at the mo I'll do Crush, then Parachute then Rat with FP - then just see what's what after that.
We are there for 3 whole days and then half days on arrival/depart staying onsite in Feb so hoping it won't be too manic and we'll fit everything in :)

rebecca20

If you decide you don't love Crush (I don't), then all of Toy Story was empty first thing when we were there in October. It was lovely we even stayed on Slinky Dog for an extra go!

stifle

How tall are the kids? You've got cutoffs at 1.02m, 1.07m, and 1.2m in the studios.

Lavi

When you ride with your elder one, you may request the Cast Member to make a Baby Switch with your partner. You will receive a ticket that your partner may use later.