Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dady_blue

I do a correction, i will there the 3 rd october

MermaidLagoon

Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask if anyone knows when the Christmas contracts for parade- and character performers usually go out? My six months will be up on the 18th of November and while I'm not counting on a call anymore, I'm still a little curious to know if people got offers already :) Thanks!
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.

eh1234

Hey guys anyone heading over on the 7th February? I'll be working as an attractions operator ahhhh so excited!!!!

eive

Got my summer contract today! Was really surprised as wasn't expecting to hear so early but going to working in catering from 4 July to 30 August! So excited!

Ace221b

Congrats !!!  ;D I applied for a summer contract too but I'm still waiting  ::)

alice412

Received my summer job offer today! Really surprised that it came this early. When they say to "contact us if you want to accept this offer", I'm assuming that sending an email back to them saying "yes" is accceptable?

Ace221b

Got my summer contract today for 2nd June till 6th September (working in restaurant service) ;D

Anyone else heading out around then ??

Halosunshine

Hey guys

Well done on your summer contracts.

I am working in Disney from 23rd March until 9th November in one of the counter service restaurants so maybe see you when you are out there :)

MermaidLagoon

Hi guys!

I know this thread isn't really alive anymore these days, but I'm going to give it a try anyway :) So, the 23rd of March I went to the recruitment session in Amsterdam and last Tuesday I received an e-mail that I've been put in the Talent Pool! Obviously I'm over the moon with this response, although I'm being careful with my excitement as I've been in the entertainment Talent Pool before and ended up with no contract at all. I put down May 1st as a starting date and no end date, but I also put down a Professional Training contract down as my first choice, which starts in September. When I received the e-mail I immediately e-mailed Nicole to see if she could tell me some sort of indication as to when I might hear back from them and to find out if they were considering me for a PTC- but I haven't got a response yet. So, my question is: IF I would be accepted into the PTC, when should I expect my contract? And if I'm being put in a regular position and put down a starting date that's pretty soon already, how long before the start of the contract will they contact me (Gosh, I hope I'm making some sort of sense here)? I'm SO extremely excited about this and I know it's only been 1,5 week since the session, but already the wait seems so long haha!

Mileto

Exited for you, guys!

Just a curiosity question - are you supposed to speak French if you want to work there?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

MermaidLagoon

Quote from: Mileto on April 03, 2015, 09:33:43 AM
Exited for you, guys!

Just a curiosity question - are you supposed to speak French if you want to work there?

Of course! You're going to work in France, so they expect you to speak (conversational) French. The only department in DLP were you don't have to speak French is in entertainment, but either way you'll still be working in France so it wouldn't hurt to understand/speak the language a bit :)

MermaidLagoon

Quote from: MermaidLagoon on April 02, 2015, 09:44:28 PM
Hi guys!

I know this thread isn't really alive anymore these days, but I'm going to give it a try anyway :) So, the 23rd of March I went to the recruitment session in Amsterdam and last Tuesday I received an e-mail that I've been put in the Talent Pool! Obviously I'm over the moon with this response, although I'm being careful with my excitement as I've been in the entertainment Talent Pool before and ended up with no contract at all. I put down May 1st as a starting date and no end date, but I also put down a Professional Training contract down as my first choice, which starts in September. When I received the e-mail I immediately e-mailed Nicole to see if she could tell me some sort of indication as to when I might hear back from them and to find out if they were considering me for a PTC- but I haven't got a response yet. So, my question is: IF I would be accepted into the PTC, when should I expect my contract? And if I'm being put in a regular position and put down a starting date that's pretty soon already, how long before the start of the contract will they contact me (Gosh, I hope I'm making some sort of sense here)? I'm SO extremely excited about this and I know it's only been 1,5 week since the session, but already the wait seems so long haha!

Ok so my situation has slightly changed! Apparently, I also received an e-mail last Tuesday on a different e-mail address than I had filled in on my form. It said that she can't give me any news on the PTC yet, as she won't know the schedules until (close to) September, but she asked me if I would be interested to work in a restaurant this summer to start working on my French already. Stupid me, I only found out about this message on Sunday! I immediately replied that I was very, very interested so now the waiting game starts yet again. Fingers crossed that I'll get good news soon! Anyone else here still waiting for a summer contract?

Mileto

Good luck, MermaidLagoon!

Are you guys, aftere signing your contract and start working for DLP, having some advantages in the Parks? Free rides, free entrance during your free time, etc....

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Tink1234

Hi,
I've posted these questions already in a separate post but thought you might be able to help:
I've been on the waiting list for Character and Parade since the April 2015 auditions.
I've just had an email asking me to update my contact details and send a further photo.
Just wondered how long on average you may have to wait for a contract ....if at all ?
If you are successful do they contact you by email with an offer of a contract?
I'm  just aware there have been further auditions and my 6 months waiting time will end in October so starting to panic.

Xxx

elisabete

Hello everyone!

So, I received an email inviting me to their Recruitment Day in Lisbon, in January.
I have been doing some search online, and I found out that they require conversational French.
Now I am scared, because my French it's really basic, I cannot maintain a conversation.

Tell me about your interviews. How is it? What questions have they asked you and in what language?

I cannot learn French in a month, but as least I could study the most frequently asked questions.
Thank you so much!