Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee_1926

Hey Guys :)
I'm thinking of going to the London auditions in March! Is anyone else?
xxx

lauz94

Thank you for your advice! Do you think they will be offering summer contracts for the 2014 season at this recruitment event?
Congratulations on your offer! It will be an amazing experience! :D

Quote from: Laura678 on February 27, 2014, 02:43:52 AM
Quote from: lauz94 on February 23, 2014, 07:37:08 PM
Hi Guys,

Just got an email inviting me to the recruitment session in Dublin in March!
Just wondering how many people generally attend these sessions, and what format do they take?

Thanks in advance! :)

I attended the November session. There was about 40 people at it. We met in a room where 2 recruiters talked about working with DLP and the types of contracts offered, accommodation, wage, benefits etc
Then in a second room we went in in pairs for a 2 on 1 interview - 2 candidates 1 recruiter.

Your interview lasts for about 15 minutes and then its over! However with 40 odd people to interview there is a lot of sitting around waiting and it is up to yourselves to pair up and go to the second room. My advice would be pair up quickly and then try get into the next room asap! Best of luck!

Abenita

Hey Disney-fans!

I've been reading your comments for the last few weeks - yes, including the 209 pages of this post! - and finally decided to register. I'm Ana, Spanish, but currently studying in Birmingham.
I wanted to apply for the J-1 Cultural Exchange Program in Walt Disney World but was a little bit late... Like 4 months late, so decided to try Disneyland in Paris instead!
I will be attending the audition in London in 9-day time, concretely the 11th of March. Is anybody else attending the very same day? My bus is scheduled to arrive at Victoria Couch Station around 8am, so I assume I will be one of the very first in line.
My idea is to get the job just for the summer, as I have to submit my MA dissertation before the 15th of September, and start my PhD. Seems like they are looking for summer characters, as the handout said contracts beginning in March or June for, at least, 3 months.

VigBasil

Would anyone mind telling me when/where the Dublin auditions are on? I know they're this month but that's as far as my knowledge goes.. Thanks!

sjsmith1992

You have to apply online and then if u are successful in the interview then they give u the date and place :)

lauz94

Hey :)

Just wondering what is the general end date for summer contracts?
Do they all finish 31st august/start of sept?

Thanks!

Cinnymagic

Hi guys, just wanted to know how many people have already gotten a summer contract?

Xiringuita

Hello u all :)

I've been to the session of recruitment last November in Portugal. The same week I've received the e-mail with a HUGE MICKEY MOUSE informing : nous sommes ravis de vous annoncer que vous avez été sélectionné pour faire partie de notre « Talent Pool » ! Dès que votre profil, vos disponibilités et votre choix de métier correspondront à un poste disponible, notre équipe administrative vous contactera  au minimum 2 mois avant le début du contrat. Si vous avez besoin de modifier vos coordonnées ou vos disponibilités, n'hésitez pas à nous contacter par email  »

I've already e-mail the address that is on that e-mail, but I've never received any reply. Do you think it's normal to hold on since November? Isn't it too many time?

I'm getting really anxious because I don't understand how the things are going now..Am I definitely chosen and it's just a matter of time? How many time it usually takes to start work at Disneyland Paris?

What I understand is that there is an available job for what I was chosen but..no more words from them.

Please give me some "lights" on what you are informed.

Many Thanks and..MAGICAL DAYS TO YOU ALL

MJS

I got a summer contract!
I was lucky enough to work there before 2 years ago so I got the spot couple weeks after my interview.

@Xiringuita: after getting in to the Talent pool, they usually send you an e-mail where they say that if your interested in a contract then you need to call some numbers at a particular time and particular date. (At least they still had this system a year ago)

Disney_Klara

Hi Guys!

So I didn't get an interview for the maintenance jobs a couple of weeks ago. So I've decided I'm going to go down to London on Wednesday with a couple of friends for the Character auditions. I'm not expecting to get past the first round but I figure it'll be fun, and who knows, maybe I'll get through. The problem is I have no past experience in entertainment apart from going to Playbox as a kid and other stuff like gymnastics and ice skating that I haven't done in years, so on the off chance that I do get through, I want to write a CV but I have no idea what to put in it! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Klara

sjsmith1992

I think there is a new system now for recruitment. I received my contract by email and I did my interview in november and only received my contract 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone know if family or friends can stay in hotels at a discounted rate? I think my family will come to visit me but he cant stay in the apartment with me so trying to figure it out.

Does anyone know anything about the role host de propreté btw?

PrincessEnya

Quote from: sjsmith1992 on April 13, 2014, 07:50:03 PM
I think there is a new system now for recruitment. I received my contract by email and I did my interview in november and only received my contract 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone know if family or friends can stay in hotels at a discounted rate? I think my family will come to visit me but he cant stay in the apartment with me so trying to figure it out.

Does anyone know anything about the role host de propreté btw?

I think the system has changed indeed. I´m in the talent pool as well which means that you will get an offer via email when an available job that matched your profile opens up. So if you said that you want to work in DLP this summer you are probably going to get an offer this month or early May. When you do get emailed an offer you need to reply within 48 hours whether you´ll take it or not so I´m checking my email every 15 minutes  ;D

During the recruitment session we were also told that you can take 3 people with you to the parks for free on two days or something like that. I´m not sure what the exact details are but you do get some free tickets and discounts on hotels as a CM.

And lastly, I think host de propreté is a cleaner. So you´ll be emptying bins and sweeping and also talking to lots of guests because you are out all the time!  :)

My question to you all is: who is in the talent pool for this summer like me?!  :D
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

lucyrees94

I'm in the talent pool for this summer! It's so frustrating just waiting and not knowing - but I haven't spoken to many people who have heard yet

sjsmith1992 when are you there from? I'm so jealous but well done!! Is it a CDD??

lauz94

I'm in the talent pool for the summer also! :)

paula_g

Me too, I'm in the talent pool for this summer also! I went to the recruitment session in Amsterdam (April 2nd). So glad to meet my peers!